Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    I just renewed all three DC and my passports - made an appointment at our local post office for two days' from the time I booked, paid to expedite and had all four passports back in 5-6 weeks.

For global - my neighbor applied for two of her kids two weeks ago, had her interview at O'Hare yesterday and they are all set. Where are you guys? I was honestly a bit shocked at how fast she got conditional approval and the appointment. Last time I renewed in 2019 it took me four months to get conditional approval for a renewal and I had to call in a favor with DH's office to get it through in time for a trip. I didn't need to re-interview so I was lucky there.
    I’m in the southeast. 5-6 is what I’m hearing for expedited service too. But no idea how your neighbor got Global Entry so fast. On the website and when you call it says 7-10 months for conditional approval. I’m hoping for 6 months so if we travel int’l over holidays they can do interview at airport when we return.

khm is online now Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Definitely call your congressman. I did the email form online from the website of my congressman, and it went into the void.

I called, a staffer emailed me a form directly, and I had a resolution within a few days. He basically seems to have a team that this is all they do.

I did not pay for expedited anything as I didn't think it would be necessary and then our plans got moved up and I got worried.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Definitely call your congressman. I did the email form online from the website of my congressman, and it went into the void.

I called, a staffer emailed me a form directly, and I had a resolution within a few days. He basically seems to have a team that this is all they do.

I did not pay for expedited anything as I didn't think it would be necessary and then our plans got moved up and I got worried.
    On a side note I would definitely call vs. online form. Dh tried to get a commendation for his grandma’s 100th birthday in December, 2020 and we never heard back. For her 101st (if she is still around…we expect her to be) in December I will make sure he calls to try and get something again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So DD1 (15) got assigned TSA PreCheck for our flight today even though she is 15 and doesn’t have PreCheck on her own. So not sure how that happened but I booked her at the same time as the rest of us.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    So DD1 (15) got assigned TSA PreCheck for our flight today even though she is 15 and doesn’t have PreCheck on her own. So not sure how that happened but I booked her at the same time as the rest of us.

My parents used to get assigned PreCheck on about 75% of their flights even though they didn’t actually have it! At some point they did sign up to have it all the time, but they got it frequently for years before that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Our kids sometimes have it assigned too. I used to get it occasionally before I had it as well. But there’s no guarantee. Once we had one child get it but not the other.

How were lines for you today?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2