Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Covid vaccine side effects in your 12-15 year old?

13 yo DS got his second dose of Pfizer last night. His arm was sore all day and I was hoping that would be his only side effect (he had just a slightly sore arm with the 1st).

About 24 hours after the shot, he started feeling poorly - headache, tired and 101 degree temp. I’m hoping it’s side effects and not him coming down with something as we were around family friends who have some kind of bug (they tested negative for Covid).

So, if your DC had side effects, what were they and how long did they last?
    DS 2008
    DD 2010
    DS 2014

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS is 12.5. He had sore legs, chills, hot flashes, his temp got up to 99.5 which is a definite fever for him. He started feeling worn out about 12 hours post vaccine and throughout the night the chills and fever kicked in. He laid on the couch all day the following day and had a headache on the second day post vaccine so 48+ hours.

DS1 is 15yo and had a sore arm the day of his shot. The next afternoon, he started to feel very tired and sore, and also complained of a headache. He woke up the next morning feeling 100%, so I'd say his symptoms lasted less than 24 hours.

Sounds like your DS has a similar experience so far. I hope he feels better in the next day or two!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My 15yo DS had second shot at 4pm Friday. Just a sore arm that evening. Woke up Saturday morning with body aches and headache. Then as the day wore on he developed a fever as high as 101. Went to bed feeling crappy Saturday night, but woke up Sunday morning feeling completely fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Apparently my family reacts strongly to these vaccines! DH and I had Moderna and I was not well (chills, headache, whole body aching, etc.) for about 48 hours, DH was worse with a fever and sweats and didn't feel completely better until almost 3 days after. My girls (12 and 14) were very tired and had headaches after their first does of Pfizer, DD2 had a 101 fever too. They got their second dose on Monday at 11:30 am. DD1 finally started feeling better around noon today, DD2 is still getting chills and headache on and off. DD1 had a temp of 103 at one point and DD2 101. They didn't leave the couch all day yesterday, felt very weak, alternating between chills/sweats, and had headaches that TYlenol did not help. They are already worried about having to get a booster at some point and having similar effects!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Covid vaccine side effects in your 12-15 year old?

Dd1 (15) had aches and pains and overall tiredness the day after her second shot. She had no soreness in her arm though. She took acetaminophen for pain management and was definitely better after she took it. She had dance team tryouts two days after her shot and didn’t complain of any pain.

After the first shot she only had a sore arm for about three days and then was more tired for the first two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Apparently my family reacts strongly to these vaccines! DH and I had Moderna and I was not well (chills, headache, whole body aching, etc.) for about 48 hours, DH was worse with a fever and sweats and didn't feel completely better until almost 3 days after. My girls (12 and 14) were very tired and had headaches after their first does of Pfizer, DD2 had a 101 fever too. They got their second dose on Monday at 11:30 am. DD1 finally started feeling better around noon today, DD2 is still getting chills and headache on and off. DD1 had a temp of 103 at one point and DD2 101. They didn't leave the couch all day yesterday, felt very weak, alternating between chills/sweats, and had headaches that TYlenol did not help. They are already worried about having to get a booster at some point and having similar effects!
    Your timeline for the girls matches DS’s pretty closely. Their fever is much higher though. The only time he’s ever run a fever though is when he had pneumonia, so maybe he just doesn’t get fevers? He got his on Thursday at 9:00, symptoms started that night about 9, got worse through the night, and laid on the couch all day Friday. He perked up for a bit late Friday after Tylenol and the had a headache all day on Saturday. Glad to hear they’re doing better!

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DS1 - 15y/o - woke very early the morning after his second shot with a headache and body aches; took some OTC painkillers and felt better by lunchtime.

DS2 - 12y/o - had no side effects after his second shot.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD had barely any reaction to either dose. She said her arm hurt and that was about it. We made sure she drank tons of water and gatorade. I'm not sure if being hydrated made a difference, but both my husband & I did the same thing and didn't have reactions other than sore arm and feeling a bit tired.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS is 15, had his second dose yesterday at 4, totally fine, no side effects with this one or the other and he's been out with friends, swimming, umpired a baseball game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast