Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Your timeline for the girls matches DS’s pretty closely. Their fever is much higher though. The only time he’s ever run a fever though is when he had pneumonia, so maybe he just doesn’t get fevers? He got his on Thursday at 9:00, symptoms started that night about 9, got worse through the night, and laid on the couch all day Friday. He perked up for a bit late Friday after Tylenol and the had a headache all day on Saturday. Glad to hear they’re doing better!
    Mine do tend to get high fevers with strep and other bugs. I was actually worried about DD2 getting the vaccine and a fever as she spiked a super high fever very quickly after a flu vaccine a few years ago and we ended up spending the night in a children’s hospital as she was delirious. I didn’t expect DD1 to be the one to get hit harder this time! They were so miserable I ended up giving Tylenol about every 6 hours or so yesterday, mainly to keep those fevers from getting high. We don’t get sick often here but when we do it usually hits us all pretty hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 13 year old had no side effects. I asked if his arm was sore and he said only if he pushed right on it. Huge contrast to my 16 year old who, like me, had the chills, exhaustion, mild fever.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

13 yo first dose had a very sore arm for 5 days. He's quite athletic and moved his arm around the first day of the shot, but was really limited the following days.
    Second shot 24 hrs in and he seems to be totally fine.

DS1 (16) had chills and lethargy for 48 hrs following his second shot.
    K

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

14 yo had a sore arm for about a day, both doses (at least we didn't hear about it after a day and he is a complainer - he probably told VSafe his arm fell off).

For comparison, 16 yo had no major issues as well. 17 yo had 101 fever, aches, chills, etc. He was out of commission for about 2.5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    14 yo had a sore arm for about a day, both doses (at least we didn't hear about it after a day and he is a complainer - he probably told VSafe his arm fell off).
    DD is also a complainer (at least as of recently) and I’ve loved having an app for her to complain to so this made me laugh.

DD is 12 and had no side effects from either dose. The pharmacist got her with the needle on the first shot so we had some complaining about that, but the vaccine produced at most very minor and short lasting soreness in her arm.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD 12.5 got her second shot last week and zero symptoms. The arm soreness also was probably less compared to her first shot. I was expecting she’d be miserable based on my own experience but nope. And the girl is a complainer so it definitely cannot have been that she just would just grin and bear it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

13yr old DD1 only had a sore arm after dose 1. For dose 2 she was achy and worn down beginning about 12hr after the shot, took Tylenol, and went about her school day and track practice. Woke up the following day totally fine. No sore arm with dose 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Both of my boys got Pfizer and both had a sore arm after the first shot for about a day. They had second shots last Saturday around noon. They both had sore arms that afternoon. The next morning DS1 (17 year old) felt well enough to go to a tennis practice, thinking the activity would dissipate the arm soreness. About 2 hours afterward, he had a headache and felt awful, exhausted, a little dizzy, and very achy. He refused any Tylenol but drank a lot of water and rested. Felt completely fine on Monday.
    DS2 (12.5 yo) woke up Saturday with a headache and very achy, very low grade fever and feeling very tired. He took one regular strength Tylenol and took it easy all day, lots of rest. He also felt completely fine on Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

First shots: sore arms only.

Mine got their second shots at noon on Day 1 and developed a sore arm (though not as sore as Dose #1) within a few hours. DD2 started running a fever (101.6) around midnight, while DD1 didn't have a temp until the next morning around 9am (100). On Day 2 both girls were very tired, and had fever and chills (DD2's fever 101-102; DD1's fever 99-100). DD2 said she was so tired her legs felt like Jello. Both girls said their skin felt sensitive (I know the feeling - when you have a cold and it just doesn't seem to feel comfortable having things touch your skin...it's part of that general malaise). Both girls took Tylenol about every 6 hours, and took their last dose before bed. Arm soreness was less on Day 2, but the Tylenol could have helped. On Day 3 both girls woke up feeling totally fine and arms totally not sore.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 06-10-2021 at 11:04 AM.

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD1 who is 16 had aches and headache about 24 hours after both her doses and that was it. DD2 who is 13 got her second shot this past Friday and about midday on Saturday developed aches and low-grade temp around 100. She just laid around on Saturday, When she woke on Sunday, she said she felt fine and just had a bit of a sore arm.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast