Thread: Self-doubt

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Self-doubt

Why do we doubt ourselves? I’ve started seeing private clients on the side for the summer. They’re older and younger than the age range I usually work with at my school, but I work with children these ages all the time at the hospital, so it’s not out of my area of experience. Yes it’s a different setting, their home, but it’s the same skills I’m working on. DH looks at me like I’m crazy saying -you do this all the time at the hospital

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Why DO we doubt ourselves? I wish I knew but I feel it too. I'm glad you have the support of your DH. I'm sure he's right! It sounds like you're going to do great! Good luck!

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been a part of LOTS of leadership training through work and have read many HBR articles about this. You are absolutely not alone, imposter syndrome is very real and pervasive through all industries, all levels. Adding in the changes due to pandemic and now your change in how your work is being done, and it's no wonder you are feeling increased anxiety and less confidence!! So be gentle with yourself. Your DH may be defaulting to the standard husband "I have to help fix this problem, not just listen to it" approach.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks. I feel better after day 2 of the new setting. DH is right that I need to rely on skills I already have. I have to be flexible and think on my feet when working with new patients, need to transfer this to the home setting

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I’m the queen of self doubt. Keeps me up at night. Try to listen to your DH and not the bad voices in your head. I’m sure you will do a fantastic job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)