Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

so could anyone else - is there a way to test and see who is susceptible to breakthrough ?

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Why should I risk my life to make you feel better?
    But.... isn't this exactly the same sentiment the OP is sort of expressing in her OP that you don't like? Should the OP's elderly relative risk her life for the unvaxxed families feelings? Most people on here are trying to find a solution that saves the family's feelings and keeps the relatives safe!
    Last edited by bisous; 06-14-2021 at 04:57 PM.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Who are you replying to here?
    Me, I think?

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Looks like the thread has been edited ....

In anycase, for the OP I would move it to outdoors. The risk to the vaccinated is low. How low, depends - looking like people on dialysis, who have cancer and some other subgroups are at a much higher risk of breakthrough. Personally, I'm not willing to roll the dice so I'd move to outdoors. Baring that, I'd have to say masks and separate tables. But I would also be worried about the waitstaff. You know about the 1 family, you dont know who else in the resteraunt is/isnt vax.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Looks like the thread has been edited ....

In anycase, for the OP I would move it to outdoors. The risk to the vaccinated is low. How low, depends - looking like people on dialysis, who have cancer and some other subgroups are at a much higher risk of breakthrough. Personally, I'm not willing to roll the dice so I'd move to outdoors. Baring that, I'd have to say masks and separate tables. But I would also be worried about the waitstaff. You know about the 1 family, you dont know who else in the resteraunt is/isnt vax.
    Right. That’s what I’ve been thinking about. I think when you agree to eat inside of a restaurant, you’re somewhat rolling the dice anyway. And to be clear, we have resumed some indoor dining with our 11.5-year-old. Obviously, this family should follow whatever guidelines the restaurant has for unvaccinated guests. But if the family coming is causing distress to other people including the guest of honor, I would just move it outside anyway. Are the vaccinated people generally eating in restaurants anyway? Or is it the idea of it being a private room that’s giving them some comfort?
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4