Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Remember that shorts will leave thighs exposed to the sun while sitting. Lightweight pants may actually be more comfortable.

Good luck with your shopping!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Remember that shorts will leave thighs exposed to the sun while sitting. Lightweight pants may actually be more comfortable.

Good luck with your shopping!
    We got an email from the school saying they've secured a large shade tent and that all the graduates and family members will be in the shade for the ceremony. His entire graduating class is only 70 kids, so not a ton of people.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default DS1 outfit for graduation

[QUOTE=essnce629;4399236]We got an email from the school saying they've secured a large shade tent and that all the graduates and family members will be in the shade for the ceremony. His entire graduating class is only 70 kids, so not a ton of people.

Knowing they’ll be in the shade, have him wear his suit minus the jacket. There are some dress shirts that are stay cool material, but you may not get them in time

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 06-13-2021 at 04:54 PM.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wouldn't have him wear the suit. DS attended a dance recently in ballroom open to the outside on two sides. The temperature in the ballroom was over 78 degrees--it was so hot to be wearing a suit! I was wearing a dress with quarter length sleeves and was very warm. Definitely wear short sleeves (or sleeveless for Latia). Mid 90s is very hot.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I wouldn't have him wear the suit. DS attended a dance recently in ballroom open to the outside on two sides. The temperature in the ballroom was over 78 degrees--it was so hot to be wearing a suit! I was wearing a dress with quarter length sleeves and was very warm. Definitely wear short sleeves (or sleeveless for Latia). Mid 90s is very hot.
    I agree! I think suit is too much. It's supposed to be 105 here on Tuesday!

At 105, even in shade, I'm still thinking shorts and a nice dress shirt and tie. My boys (and DH) prefer the performance material shorts and pants that are easily found in golf sections; we usually buy at Dicks Sporting goods. Vineyard Vines has nice and light dress shirts but I'm sure many stores carry them as well in a warm climate locale.

Congrats to your DS!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are you really going to be at 105? Our high is only going to be 84. I only mention this because DS2 had his "promotion" from 8th grade and although it was in the 80s it was pretty uncomfortable (and I don't usually get too hot)! I can't imagine it 20 degrees hotter. I say go as cool and comfortable as you can. Reminds me of DH's graduation from Art Center in August in Pasadena 14 years ago. The shade tent DID help but it was still really hot. DH wore a snazzy velvet jacket...and regretted it!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Are you really going to be at 105? Our high is only going to be 84.
    No, Tuesday it's supposed to be 105, graduation is Thursday and it's predicted to be 95-99 in Brandeis which is where the graduation ceremony is at (American Jewish University).

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If the school doesn't do cap/gown, don't they give some kind of dress code? I would hate to have any hassels day of.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    No, Tuesday it's supposed to be 105, graduation is Thursday and it's predicted to be 95-99 in Brandeis which is where the graduation ceremony is at (American Jewish University).

I’m always astounded by how much hotter it can be out your direction (though it is consistent!) until we get into Fall and our temps soar into the triple digits while your weather stays nicer. Having just sat through a graduation midday in the 80s I’d go with cool! I like a lot of PPs suggestions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast