Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alaska cruise?

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Alaska cruise?

We had planned a Disney cruise to Alaska for summer of 2020, which obviously was cancelled.

DH wants to try again for summer 2022. But the kids will be 2 years older and not sure we need the Disney experience, so looking at other cruise lines.

Anyone done one? What are the can't miss things to see?

We haven't been on a cruise since our honeymoon in 2008.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've never done Alaska, but if we do, we want to do one of the Science at Sea Steve Spangler ones, look like there is one for 2022:
    https://stevespangler.com/conference...cience-at-sea/

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    We've never done Alaska, but if we do, we want to do one of the Science at Sea Steve Spangler ones, look like there is one for 2022:
    https://stevespangler.com/conference...cience-at-sea/
    Interesting. I've never heard of him!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Interesting. I've never heard of him!
    We LOVE Steve Spangler. DD got his monthly science kits for years, we watched him on Ellen doing all sorts of fun science experiments and used his website to help plan our mad science themed birthday part with all sorts of at home science fun. Check out some videos for an idea: https://www.youtube.com/user/SpanglerScienceTV

I have researched this a lot and there seems to be a pretty good consensus that Princess does Alaska best (assuming you are not looking for a luxury, small ship experience).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Default Alaska cruise?

We did Princess to Alaska and it was great. (3 years ago). Our research indicated Princess was the best followed by Holland America. We did one way from Vancouver to Alaska, then spent almost 4 days exploring ourselves. Our kids were younger, so we didn’t do Denali, but instead spent time in Seward. We took an amazing wildlife day cruise to Kenai Fjords National park and hiked to exit glacier and did a few other things as well.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Thanks! We booked a 7 day cruise with a balcony room on Princess for July 2022! Fully refundable, of course. We are going south - Anchorage -> Vancouver so we will have a few days to explore Denali/etc before we board. I can't wait
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Thanks! We booked a 7 day cruise with a balcony room on Princess for July 2022! Fully refundable, of course. We are going south - Anchorage -> Vancouver so we will have a few days to explore Denali/etc before we board. I can't wait
    Sounds fabulous!

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congrats on booking!! We're avid Disney cruisers but when we cruised Alaska, we opted for Holland America. DS1 was in 5th grade at the time and LOVED IT. Still talks about it (he's 18). And he LOVED the HAL experience, the kids club etc as he was actually never one for the Disney kids clubs (though DS2 loves the Disney kids club!). We honestly couldn't see spending the $$ difference for the Disney aspect when other lines "do" Alaska much, much more often than Disney ever would. Princess is synonymous with Alaska, you'll have an amazing time!

Enjoy! You will have an amazing time.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast