Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default low carb/low sugar protein shake powder?

Do you have one you like? DS and I drink a lot of protein shakes - me b/c I find they help with my weight loss and DS b/c he has some issues eating breakfast and "hearing" his body's hunger signals. The only one we've really liked in the past was the Aktins but we got some spoiled ones recently (so gross!) and it's made me a bit wary of them. Plus they are expensive locally and I buy them on Amz and always feel a bit guilty when they are delivered it's a heavy package (to say nothing of the excess packaging its self). So I'd like to check out some other options this summer.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love the Naked Nutrition brand. You can get on Amazon. It’s the only one I have found that has an option with no sugar or sweetener. Their flavored ones do have sugar. The Naked Whey is great... no taste, blends easily. You can get all the information on their website then order on Amazon. I also love their peanut powder.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like the Weight Watchers brand chocolate flavor; I use 1/2 of a scoop most days and mix with unsweetened vanilla oat milk and Vital Proteins collagen powder. I tend to get stomach aches from protein powder that has pea protein in it, but this one is okay. The last one that didn’t pass the stomach test was Orgain Organic; thankfully I bought it at Costco and could return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is the one my gym recommends. I mix it with yogurt.

https://greensfirst.com/product-details/Dream_Protein
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like PEScience. It's the one that has the least artificial sweetener taste for me. I often mix it with coffee to cut the sweetness. Not sure if you can buy it locally though, I've only ever bought it from Amazon.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like Prolific Isolate from GNC. It is sweetened with stevia and has a very clean ingredient list.

20210612_113456.jpg
    20210612_113519.jpg
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not a powder but we love Premier Protein and you can get it by the case at Costco. I like that it is just grab and go. No need to measure and mix.
    Only 1g sugar. I like chocolate the best.

https://www.costco.com/premier-30g-p...100651919.html

Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Not a powder but we love Premier Protein and you can get it by the case at Costco. I like that it is just grab and go. No need to measure and mix.
    Only 1g sugar. I like chocolate the best.

https://www.costco.com/premier-30g-p...100651919.html

I prefer the
    Bananas and Cream Premier Protein.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

At our house we just make our regular fruit/greens smoothie and add oatmeal for fiber and some protein. It's very filling! You could also add yogurt for protein (in place or or in addition to the oatmeal). That's what we do.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My oldest loves the premier protein. I either grab an Atkins shake or I have Daily Harvest smoothies that I mix with Almond milk a little Stevia.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast