Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    For some countries, no it’s not enough. Ireland is still making PCR tests mandatory even if you are vaxxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sorry, I meant leaving the country, in this case Ireland. Why would Ireland care if you were + when you returned back to the US? The US would care but that's why I wonder if vaccine status is taken into account.

Due to delta variant, that’s why. It’s spreading fast among youth group, I believe especially in England/Ireland region. Also I’m hearing it’s dependent on airline specific too, although can’t confirm that.

Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Due to delta variant, that’s why. It’s spreading fast among youth group, I believe especially in England/Ireland region. Also I’m hearing it’s dependent on airline specific too, although can’t confirm that.

So, who is requiring the test? Again, I am just trying to figure out how it all fits together. In your example, I would have successfully traveled to Ireland, vacationed, and now it is time to leave. I am required by Ireland to test before being allowed to board a flight home to the US? I have no problem with the extra testing but I am just trying to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    So, who is requiring the test? Again, I am just trying to figure out how it all fits together. In your example, I would have successfully traveled to Ireland, vacationed, and now it is time to leave. I am required by Ireland to test before being allowed to board a flight home to the US? I have no problem with the extra testing but I am just trying to understand it.
    I’m trying to find articles to verify that too. It’s all rather to be confusing as some are saying it’s dependent on airline that’s requiring the test, some said it’s the U.S but I’m not seeing it anywhere so far though. It’s not the Irish government that is requiring the test, only inbound there and duration of the stay.

Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not every country requires a COVID test to enter. Many simply require you to be vaccinated.

The US, however, still requires a COVID test for all international arrivals, regardless of vaccination status. So while you might not require a test to travel internationally, you do have to take a test to return to the US.

ETA: Here is the specific quote from the CDC:
    • All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.
    #BidenHarris2020 “It’s easier to be a parent this morning. It’s easier to be a dad. It’s easier to tell your kids character matters. It matters. Telling the truth matters. Being a good person matters.”

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    Not every country requires a COVID test to enter. Many simply require you to be vaccinated.

The US, however, still requires a COVID test for all international arrivals, regardless of vaccination status. So while you might not require a test to travel internationally, you do have to take a test to return to the US.

• All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.
    Thanks! That would be something that requires investigation. On the ground testing availability and turn around time.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The UK still requires a 10 day quarantine upon arrival and 3 tests (preflight, day 2 and day 8) regardless of vaccination status. An optional 4th test allows you to get out of quarantine on day 8 instead of 10, but if anyone on your flight tests positive that option evaporates. I expect this will change eventually but I’m not sure when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Thanks! That would be something that requires investigation. On the ground testing availability and turn around time.
    This depends not simply on the country, but also the hotel. For example, staying at a resort in the Bahamas or Mexico - the resort typically has testing on site provided for free as part of your travel visa or hotel fee. Traveling around with short stays in different hotels - you will likely have to arrange your own testing.
    #BidenHarris2020 “It’s easier to be a parent this morning. It’s easier to be a dad. It’s easier to tell your kids character matters. It matters. Telling the truth matters. Being a good person matters.”

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post

Yes this. My sister is vaccinated and had to test negative before she could return to the US from Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are going to the Galapagos. Ecuador requires either proof of vaccination or a negative test. The Galapagos requires a negative test vaccinated or not. We have tests scheduled before our return to the US too.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast