Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Wonder if you can find an Airbnb with a pool? More space, more relaxing.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    Not fans of sand. Especially the 14 YO. I already dragged them to Tybee Island this summer, so I need to stick with chlorinated water. We've been running so much this summer I think getting a decent hotel and playing card games together would make all of us happy.
    At that age, Connor Prairie (historical living museum) might be more interesting than the Children's Museum, and it is outdoors for the most part.

Several of the 'burbs have waterparks (Carmel, Plainfield, Greenwood) which have enough to do for a day, but aren't crazy expensive ($9-12 pp). Only warning is that they can reach capacity early on hot days.

Lots of bike trails around the city and you can find bike rentals in various places (some are local, like the scooter rentals, or bike shops with daily rentals).

Wolf Park (near Lafayette) has an awesome program. Highly recommend the Howl Night.

Dining choices are numerous, so once you know where you will be, you can get recommendations. I have heard great things about the newly opened Bottleworks district.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway is another place I would recommend. If you haven't been there before, it is hard to grasp the size of it.

If you like history, the Indiana War Memorial is a really neat building - the history behind it is fascinating and the memorial room has amazing architecture.

Definitely enough to do if you are looking for a chill, low-key time where you see a few things, have some good dining, etc.

ETA: If you like theater, the Phoenix theater downtown has set up an outdoor stage for the summer. We went to one of their youth productions and it was amazing.
    Last edited by o_mom; 06-16-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Thank you so much. Committed to a hotel in Carmel area, so north side just outside the I-465.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2