Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    We've been to a few islands. The two we've returned to are Grand Cayman and Puerto Rico. We enjoy both.

I've been curious about Turks & Caicos. And I've always wanted to check out St Barth's.
    You’ll love Turks & Caico! We’ve been twice, first to the large Beaches resort and another time staying at condo rental with local food. Both were good choices. I’m hearing Beaches is really changing, and not for the better. so if AI is not your style, Turks is still a very popular island to go as there’s tons of condo rental available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Look at St.Kitts also. It’s a little less than three hours from Miami. You can also take a ferry over to Nevis. Both are beautiful and definitely give you an island experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would add Barbados to your list. It is out of the path of most hurricanes, is beautiful, has a variety of topography, and excellent restaurants. We felt safe during our trips as well. We stayed at Sandy Lane for our honeymoon (early November) but it is now much pricier. A couple years ago, we stayed in a beautiful 3 BR condo at St. Peter's Bay that included a free swim with turtles excursion from the resort. There are direct flights from FLL and probably other cities as well. The Boatyard at the southern end of the island offered very reasonable beach amenities and free snorkeling trip, along with a rope swing and inflatables for the kids to enjoy.

We have stayed at Turks and Caicos as well and loved the beaches/water, but it felt more commercialized and the island itself did not seem to offer as much. It is also more likely to be hit by hurricanes.

St. Barth's and Anguilla are on our list for couples trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2