jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default LAX Budget or Avis rentals

I know it’s a long shot but I’m wondering if anyone knows if either Budget rentals or Avis rentals have ready to go car rentals where members go straight to their rental car and bypass the rental counter? Thank you!

3isEnough is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmm, I don’t know the answer but I can tell you that all car rental places are offsite from LAX. You have to take a shuttle to get there. The car lots are basically across the street from LAX but there’s no way to safely walk there - LAX is huge and full of anxious drivers!

Default Yes Avis Preferred

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I know it’s a long shot but I’m wondering if anyone knows if either Budget rentals or Avis rentals have ready to go car rentals where members go straight to their rental car and bypass the rental counter? Thank you!
    Yes for Avis if you join their free Preferred program. But that was back in 2019 when I used them in LAX. The year before I think I went with Budget (not sure if they have a program-at least I didn't know about it then) which was an hour wait at 9pm, it was that busy. After that I made sure I could pickup without having to deal with someone at a counter.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A friend recently flew into lax on a Monday, she said the wait at the counter was long, not sure which company. If you have the ability to skip the line do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default LAX Budget or Avis rentals

National does this at some airports and you need to look for cars that have an Emerald Club aisle, and I am sure they have this option at LAX; however I have never rented a car at LAX. I don’t believe Budget has this option; Avis might and there might be a similar perk with Avis, and Hertz has #1 Club Gold, but I don’t know if they have an pick on your aisle. I have been using National for the past four years and am happy with their service. Not every airport has this option though. On my current trip I booked a standard SUV with National (Nissan Rogue or similar) and it was cheaper to not book the Emerald Club aisle so I went to the counter and checked in and the employee who checked me in said go to the Emerald Aisle anyway. I booked direct through National.

At LAX likes to use Fox Rental Car, and has used them at LAX a number of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-17-2021 at 08:00 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)