Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Most definitely in this situation I'd take the offer. The other family members are being housed for free and the goal is to get everyone together. Especially since you'd make the trip shorter if financing yourself.

We've done a couple of vacations with my brother's family, us, and my parents. In general we all pay our own way, but my parents covered the rental house as their gift to us. My brother lives 12 hours from us, so when they come to visit us, I tend to pay for meals and groceries and some activities. When we visit them, they cover more for us.

I've done the drive to my brother's home with my dad several times. I almost ran him over at a gas station because he was jumping out so fast to pay for the fill-up. If he wants to, I'll let him.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, occasionally. For me, it sort of has to do with my brother and his family. We are really fortunate not to need assistance, but sometimes there is something (like a ski vacation) that we want to do together and my brother's family can't afford as easily as my family or my parents can. So my parents will pay for all of us - they feel it's more fair that way. It feels crappy to leave my brother and his family out...and all of us want him there. But my parents don't want to pay for him and not me, which I can see. I can see it being odd to pay for something for one of my kids and not the other!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3