Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Recommend water bottle (dishwasher safe)

All of the water bottle threads seem to be old. Can anyone recommend a great water bottle? Looking for:

- not plastic
    - dishwasher safe
    - not a straw style
    - larger volume.. we have 18 oz, would need at least this big

These will be used for big kids' sports practice as well as RV travel/short hiking. Hopefully continue for school use in the fall.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My ds1 really likes his Contigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

DD uses a Hydroflask. I run mine through the dishwasher but handwash hers since she keeps stickers on them. Hers isn't one of the huge ones (maybe 24 oz?) so it's easier to carry back and forth to school and sports. I also have a chrome Yeti water bottle that DS2 carries to school but my boys prefer cheap gatorade ones or UA jugs for sports. I definitely run the Yeti through the dw and it looks brand new several years later. Both of these brands aren't the cheapest but keep our drinks chilled and last forever. Fortunately my kids seem to be past the stage of regularly losing water bottles.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Recommend water bottle (dishwasher safe)

We occasionally put our 20 oz. wide mouth (we like the flip top ones) Hydroflasks in the dishwasher and they are fine. You could get the plain stainless ones. We used to our our plain stainless Klein Kanteens through the dishwasher years ago and they lasted us a good 10 years.

I also really like my 17 oz. Swell bottle w/sipper lid but I haven’t put that one in the dishwasher. I like that it is thinner than the Hydroflask and I also think it might keep drinks just a little bit colder. I mainly just use this one when I travel as it fits in my crossbody purse for day trips. I just put water in it through so rinsing it in the sink is easy.

https://www.swell.com/products/swell...es/sports-cap/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-17-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Most of the insulated ones (ie keeps drinks cold) are not dishwasher safe. The brushed stainless KleanKanteen, not the insulated styles, are dishwasher safe. We have had some of these for the 10 plus years.

https://www.kleankanteen.com/collect...er-bottle-27oz

Word of warning - some caps are not leakproof. These bottles do not keep drinks cold.

The insulated kk bottles work really well for keeping drinks cold. We don't put them in the dishwasher.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sorry, just checked his Contigo and it’s not dishwasher safe (only the lid is). Look for a coffee cup design so you have a nice wide opening to work with for cleaning.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I put all my Contigo cups hot or cold through the dishwasher without problems. DGS uses the Hydroflask knock offs (Thermoflask) from Costco and really likes them.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use several hydro flask knockoffs Takeya from Costco and Amazon. The lids go in the dishwasher but bottles have to be hand washed else you risk compromising the insulation feature. I don’t see the need to wash the bottle that often, the lids are the only ones needing sanitizing.

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Yeti hands down!! DW safe and you seriously can’t kill them. We have tried every other brand and Yetis are the best!

MaiseyDog is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Per the hydroflask website, all Hydro Flask powder coated bottles are dishwasher safe. Also yeti water bottles are dishwasher safe.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast