Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Everyday dishes

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I am a Corelle person. We both see the value in the other product but have our opinions about what is more important. Weight of the plate is a huge factor for me and doesn't bother her at all.
    For us, Corelle is less about the weight and more about the space. I can get 3x the number of plates in the same space. This means we can have enough plates that we aren't running the dishwasher half-full or handwashing to have enough plates clean at each meal.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We switched to Fiesta several years ago. I so wish we had switched sooner. We had perfectly usable stoneware from before we were married and I just didn’t think spending the money for new dishes made sense. Kicking myself for dragging it out so long. I love waiting for the new color to be released every year. I love opening the dishwasher and cabinets to the rainbow of colors. I buy from Macy’s and Kohl’s when they have super sales.
    Me too!!!! I got mine a few years ago as well. I love the colors!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have Mikasa Italian Countryside. I love it - it is off white and very versatile and many coordinating serving pieces are available. However, I would NOT recommend it. We needed to add some more place settings a few years ago and the new dishes look like cheap knock offs of the old ones.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    For us, Corelle is less about the weight and more about the space. I can get 3x the number of plates in the same space. This means we can have enough plates that we aren't running the dishwasher half-full or handwashing to have enough plates clean at each meal.
    Yes to this as well….especially with all of us home the last year due to covid. I have 12 dinner plates, 12 lunch plates, 12 appetizer plates, and about 8 bowls that take up zero space and part of me thinks I should get more bowls because those are always the first to get used. I feel like I am starting to run out of silverware as well because we are all home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2