hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Why is everything my FAULT?

ARGH! EVERY single thing that goes "wrong" in this house is my fault!

DC has a virtual class this morning that they have been begging to take for almost a year. Now they are upset because they have to do this on a Saturday morning (the first class is not going to be fun)! The technology wasn't working so DH is mad because he had to stop everything to fix an wireless issue he has known about for 12 months (I though it had been fixed last year). AND DH wanted to take DC out for lunch, but the class is going to make it a very LATE lunch. They are both now mad at ME!

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mom life. It sucks. Maybe when everyone has a chance to cool down you could have a family mtg about how everyone could have done something differently to make it a smoother day.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PREACH!!! What kills me is how pissed off they get when they are "inconvenienced". Seriously???????? Do you know that I am inconvenienced on a regular basis?? It is my life. If I got pissed off by that, you all would never have registered for school, camps, sports, etc. nada. Truly amazing.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Gah! I relate to this so hard!
    I'm helping DS pack for sleepaway camp and every time he gets annoyed, I ask - "So should we forget about camp then? Because I don't feel like doing this either and I'm not even going to camp." Everyone in the house thinks I'm being mean, but sheesh, all the bitching and moaning I get for helping do things FOR THEM!!!
    Sorry everyone's dumping on you, OP. I hope you get an escape to your happy place (real or imaginary) soon.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    PREACH!!! What kills me is how pissed off they get when they are "inconvenienced". Seriously???????? Do you know that I am inconvenienced on a regular basis?? It is my life. If I got pissed off by that, you all would never have registered for school, camps, sports, etc. nada. Truly amazing.
    YES! I feel this sooooo much! It just makes me want to actually stop doing things if I just get complaints no matter what. (Actually, I did kind of do that to my DD1 for a month last year after an especially bad spell.....nothing terrible, but things like I made her take the bus instead of picking her up from school......her increased gratitude lasted for quite awhile after that!)
    Lizi