Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default do ANY dads register kids for camp or fill out endless camp forms

Does anyone's husband do any of this or is it always a mom job? I know my kids wouldn't go to summer camp if I didn't register them in January and then fill out all the health forms and random releases and trusted contacts etc etc for every single camp in a paperwork marathon the weekend before camps start.

And as an added bonus this year (and just like we had for school and sports programs) I have to fill out a health check form for each DS EVERY SINGLE CAMP DAY! And it will be my job, because apparently Dads can't figure this out.

And now I am waiting on the annual - "I'm thinking about taking the week after next off and going on vacation, can you get off of work?" - NOOOOOO - I asked about vacation in January when I was booking all the @#!! camps. Also, where are you planning to stay in [popular summer location X]?
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Total mom job here. Pretty much everything kid related is here. I don't think my kids would survive very long if I wasn't here as DH can't even be bothered to pour them a bowl of cereal if they are up before me and say they are hungry.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

At my daughter's soccer game last weekend I witnessed one of the dads (who is a good guy) be so incapable of filling out the health check form that he called his wife multiple times to ask her to do it rather than figure out how to do it himself.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

Yup, total mom job here too! Although DH did recently fill out DS2's online application for youth orchestra auditions.

We also had health attestations forms to fill out for school every day starting in March. I took the kids's temperatures every morning and read out loud every covid symptom to confirm the kids did not have any.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m a SAHM so all of it falls on me. Daily questionnaire before school - me, forms for activities - me, medical forms for school - me. I handle everything except DH’s job. I finally got tired of having to text DH so I could log into various accounts that I set up everything with my email and phone number. If I need to reset a password for any account, I can request a new password and the code gets texted to me rather than DH.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My husband hates to fill out forms, but fills out his fair share of them for our 3 kids. He generally did most of the camp registration for them when they were still young enough for summer day camps after I had done the research on which camps to sign them up for. I generally fill out forms that have to be filled out by hand since DH has awful handwriting.

ETA: When I was a SAHM, I did all of this, because I wanted to and had more time fill out forms, research camps/activities and make appointments. However once I went back to work full time, DH willingly stepped up and does more than I expect of him.
    Last edited by m4nash; 06-21-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Nope I do it all. I jokingly, but also seriously, asked DH if he knew what our kids' pediatrician looked like. He didn't appreciate it but I actually don't think they've ever met in 15 years. We don't do sick visits with him usually as he now practices at an office further away. He's a keeper though so I'm willing to travel for checkups and concerns.

The best thing was working full time, which required DH to be more responsible since I wasn't even there but now we are back to me doing everything for the kids and the house. Sometimes it's infuriating but we would probably be way less organized with two people handling it.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mom job here too but I was a SAHM for many years so I considered it part of my job. I am working now and kids are teens but at this point I feel like it’s too late to train DH & easier if I just continue to handle.

I did send DH to DS 14 well visit this year. They still have parents in the room (not sure when that ends) but he has to undress and the check his private area and I just figured DS would be more comfortable with DH there instead of me and I will continue having him go now.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

All research and decisions regarding what camps to enroll for or what classes to signup for is me. DH has almost nothing to do with any of it. Also looking into health concerns, finding doctors, making appointments is all on me. DH does drop them off or take them to appointments though. He also will fill out forms if they are needed so I cannot complain about this specific thing. But I do feel like I have zero input from him regarding any decisions with the kids academics or extra curricular activities! I’m not sure they’d get signed up for anything unless they made him if I was not here!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

It’s both our jobs now. That used to be my biggest issue with DH, and especially more so when I went back to work 3 years ago.

I told him he had more flexibility than I did; work from home, more paid sick/time off, so he started taking the kids to their sick and annual physicals. He registered our oldest to his sleep away camp (got cancelled anyway) and does all their sport registration and orders boys uniforms now. I’ll do what I can when it’s urgent and time is of essence, I jump in. Now I tell all new coaches, school etc that DH is the FIRST point of contact. I’m the backup.

Dh is recognizing that because he is pitching in more of the mental load, I’ve more time to do for rest of us that we enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast