Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’m a SAHM so all of it falls on me. Daily questionnaire before school - me, forms for activities - me, medical forms for school - me. I handle everything except DH’s job. I finally got tired of having to text DH so I could log into various accounts that I set up everything with my email and phone number. If I need to reset a password for any account, I can request a new password and the code gets texted to me rather than DH.
    Same. We we are having this exact same problem right now. Our Roku was going crazy and kept logging out of YouTube TV, Netflix, etc and DH has the password to all except Hulu and I kept having to text him to please log back in! And he'd never do it because he was working!

DH knows our family doctor because all 4 of us see her, but he has no idea who DS1's allergist or GI doctor is. He's never filled out any paperwork, except for soccer sign-ups. For some reason that's the one thing he's in charge of signing DS2 up for. Any other sport/camp is on me. I also asked him if he knew what meds DS2 was allergic to (amoxicillin and keflex) and he had no idea.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 06-21-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I also asked him if he knew what meds DS2 was allergic to (amoxicillin and keflex) and he had no idea.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    DS2 is allergic to amoxicillin and DH also did not know this until recently. During dinner one night I was commenting on DS2's medication allergy and DH said "What? He's allergic to amoxicillin?". Umm, yeah, only for at least the past 10 years!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    DS2 is allergic to amoxicillin and DH also did not know this until recently. During dinner one night I was commenting on DS2's medication allergy and DH said "What? He's allergic to amoxicillin?". Umm, yeah, only for at least the past 10 years!
    DS2 has a peanut allergy - can’t eat anything with a peanut warning on the label. He encounters foods he can’t eat everywhere he goes so we only keep foods he can eat in our house. DH never fails to bring items home with a peanut warning. He just doesn’t think to read the labels - 11 years post diagnosis….

It would not occur to my husband to think about camp until June. He has no idea you have to sign up in January or February to get in! I am sure he also has no idea how much paperwork I fill out for camp, school, sports, daycare, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nope, I do it all. I have taken to filling them out when sitting next to him on the couch so he at least sees the labor.

I do it all, but yes, I am a SAHM. Two years ago when we actually had back to school night the high school and middle school were same night, so I did HS. DH was able to complete the forms a couple of MS teachers asked. He appropriately put my contact info down. I did laugh when he sent me a photo of the permission slip he'd signed to watch a certain movie in social studies class.

DH does not get the planning ahead part. Especially for his own vacation time. An ongoing frustration I've had as a SAHM. DH had a ton of time last year. I worked 10+ hour days on my feet for two weeks at an early voting location for the election last October/November. Kept asking him to take a few afternoons off or something to ease the crazy (do some shopping, laundry, clean, help with some homework). He took zero time off. Then he "realizes" he has to use vacation or lose it and takes the two middle weeks of November off with zero plan.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OP... You are NOT ALONE!!! DH doesn't even attend schools meetings anymore! He has no idea who any of DC's doctors are or why they see them! Forms never even make it into his line of vision. I have taken to including him in all e-mails regarding DC, but I don't think he even reads them...

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Total mom job here. Pretty much everything kid related is here. I don't think my kids would survive very long if I wasn't here as DH can't even be bothered to pour them a bowl of cereal if they are up before me and say they are hungry.
    SAME. He does manage to feed them on days I work and he's home with them but it's really frustrating.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Ha!!!!! DH filled it DS tennis team form this year—1st one ever. And complained about all the stupid questions. Too bad!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ugh. I'm in this crew too. In my case it would take SIGNIFICANTLY less time for me to fill out the forms than to answer DH's questions AND listen to him complain about the forms at the same time. In my case though, it is part me being "the mom" and another part I'm just better and faster at stuff like this, even when filling them out for myself (or even DH, haha!) so I imagine I'll be doing this for many years in the future!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast