Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

School backpack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bike pouch. I’ll skip a picture of the drawstring because I’m sure you know what those look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    On that front, we switched over to using the Avi-q “pen”. It’s made to be small enough to fit in your back pocket. It also talks you through how to inject the medicine, very similar to a Automated Extrrnal Defibrillator, if you are familiar with those. It verbal directions and countdown make it much more likely to get the full dose of medicine injected. We love out Avi-q injectors: https://www.auvi-q.com/.
    Yes to Avi-q! Great size and audible instructions during a time of great stress! There are plenty of coupon codes available so you can get them without any co-pays.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DS doesn't carry one now on his person but I have one in my purse and when he did carry one we used a Nike waist belt. Just like this https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/nik...00005323929504

I'm sorry he is having reactions and hope you can figure out what is causing them.
    K

I knew I'd find solid help here and you all came through for me! I so appreciate your ideas and suggestions. BBB is awesome!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't know if this is still the case, but don't throw out the packaging for your pens. I remember a friend being told they had to have original packaging for school. They were able to take one pen out to use at home, and send one in the package to school.

I am shellfish allergic. It didn't happen until I was an adult, so I can't help there... But the first thing I had to do was get in the habit to tell every single restaurant server, before I order, that I am allergic.

I do suggest that you keep a food diary until you find out the triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I don't know if this is still the case, but don't throw out the packaging for your pens. I remember a friend being told they had to have original packaging for school. They were able to take one pen out to use at home, and send one in the package to school.
    Yes, you need to have the original packaging with the prescription label. It's the same for any other prescription (like albuterol inhaler) that is sent to school or camp. But I don't actually separate the set. I've always sent the set of 2 to school and kept another set at home. I thought you were always suppose to have 2 on hand in case one doesn't work or you need both.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I dont know if the auvi Q is the same but the epi pen gets ruined if its left in the car so do be careful if you leave it in bags and leave the bags in the car.

Also, I've always been able to ask the pharmacy to print extra 'original' labels. No one wants to carry the huge paper box just for the label!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Yes, you need to have the original packaging with the prescription label. It's the same for any other prescription (like albuterol inhaler) that is sent to school or camp. But I don't actually separate the set. I've always sent the set of 2 to school and kept another set at home. I thought you were always suppose to have 2 on hand in case one doesn't work or you need both.
    Yes, our epi pens and Audi Qs have always traveled in pairs in case one wasn’t enough or there was a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2