My kids want to go skiing this winter and we have gone to Park City twice in the past. I am thinking of going between Christmas and New Years (I know it's probably a bit late to be planning this) but lodging choices are limited at this point. I was originally thinking of going to Park City again because the kids are familiar with it and like it, but now I'm considering Solitude. Thoughts about these two choices?

I have some general concerns about going that I'd welcome input on as well. DH won't be able to go this time so it would just be me and the 2 kids, ages 10 and 13 at the time of the trip. DD1 snowboards and DD2 skis. They have done lessons in the past and then gone with DH (who was a first-timer on the last trip) for a day. I haven't been skiing since I was a kid and don't want to go. I would put them in lessons for a couple of days and then let them go off on their own for a couple of days. Is that crazy? Ideally I'd find a ski in/out place so it would be easy for them to come back for lunch and to check in. They are somewhat familiar with the appropriate trails at Park City, but I know Solitude is much smaller so I'm thinking that would be easy to navigate after having lessons for a couple days? I'm also somewhat wary of driving to Solitude because my understanding is that there is more likely to be snow there and it's not highway driving like it would be to Park City. Although I grew up in snow, we live in TX now and I'd be driving an unfamiliar rental.

Also, DD1 is fully vaccinated and I'm hoping DD2 will be able to get vaccinated by then, but who knows? I'm not keen on flying with her not vaccinated.

Thoughts?