Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Unvaccinated guests staying in your home AirBNB style?

Just curious about how you all would feel about potentially unvaccinated people staying in your house for a few days while you are away on vacation.

The details:
    You are going on vacation for 9 days.

SIL asks is her ILs (whom you only met once at their wedding almost 10yr ago) can stay at your house for three days while you are away.

Guests will leave the morning you return from vacation that evening.

You do not have a guest room. Guests will stay in your master bedroom. Use master bath.

You do not know if these individuals are vaccinated but based on what you know about their politics and where they live, it’s doubtful they are.

All but your 11 yr old are fully vaccinated.

You understand that Covid on surfaces is no longer considered a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It wouldn’t concern me assuming they will otherwise be considerate house guests. If I had any concerns that they wouldn’t treat my home well then no, nothing to do with covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would be ok with it esp if SIL was going to pay to have it cleaned before you arrived home (a nice gesture) or clean it some herself by running some loads of laundry, making sure the dishes are done, toilets scrubbed, etc. She could also open some of the windows when the guests left to air things out.
    K

I wouldn’t want people I don’t know well staying in my home while I’m away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I wouldn't care about covid, but I would not be super excited about strangers in my house- I am not the best housekeeper and would feel the need to do a deep clean before they came- which would be a pain right before vacation. Maybe if I could hire someone to clean before they came.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I wouldn’t want people I don’t know well staying in my home while I’m away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Same here. I wouldn’t honestly be comfortable with this scenario even with covid out of the picture.

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m not crazy about people in my house when I’m not home. For an emergency I would put my feelings aside and make it work. Otherwise I would decline to host.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    I wouldn't care about covid, but I would not be super excited about strangers in my house- I am not the best housekeeper and would feel the need to do a deep clean before they came- which would be a pain right before vacation. Maybe if I could hire someone to clean before they came.
    LOL, this is what I was thinking... COVID has nothing to do with it, my house is not "strangers staying here alone" worthy.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

You don’t know then that’s well. See each other infrequently? So at best sounds like strangers. I wouldn’t be wild to have them stay in my house unless other external benefit like watching my dog as well. Would they watch your new dog? I recall you got new pet or maybe confusing you with someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Even without COVID in the picture this would be a hard no from me. I wouldn't want to deal with a huge cleaning right before leaving on a trip to get the place guest ready. And coming home to find that I need to do cleaning again because dishes were left, sheets need washing, etc...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast