Default Don’t call at 5!

For the last three days I have gotten a text, an email and a phone call from my gynecologist office reminding me that it’s time to schedule an appointment. However, they all come at 5:01 PM. When the office has just closed! So of course, the next morning it’s completely off my mind because I’m doing 1 million other things, until I get a trio of notifications after the office is closed. What sense does this make? If you really want people to make a timely appointment, send the reminders during office hours when people can easily pick up the phone and call you right back.

Frustrating!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Biggest pet peeve of mine too! I gotta love how billing departments call me right near end of day, but I can’t call back and often forget next day so it becomes a vicious cycle of trying to remember to call before closing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ridiculous
    K

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Annoying, but do they have online scheduling through their website? That's the only way I make appointments now for myself, so that might be part of the reason for their timing. Because this way you hear the message & go online to make the appointment without being bothered during the work day?
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

No, not really. I think you can send a message through the portal saying that you want to set up appointment, which I guess i can do anytime. But it’s just so much easier for me to call.

I also was annoyed because my orthodontist did this a couple months ago. I got a recording on a Thursday after 5 p.m. reminding me I had an appointment early Monday morning. I had some commitment at work and I wasn’t going to be able to go. Of course the orthodontist office was closed on Friday. My appointment was at 8:30 AM, and I called the office at 7:45. Fortunately I was able to cancel it and they didn’t stick me with some sort of cancellation fee like most doctors offices would have. Since then, I’ve been writing down my appointments in my paper planner.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09