Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    My brother Joe, who HAAAAAAATES sports, loves the Mighty Ducks show. I haven't watched yet - was in the middle of a nostalgia-watch of the OG movie and nobody wanted to watch with me. *sigh*
    My kids love the mighty Ducks show and I find myself sitting down to watch it with them every time it's on.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Seconding Loki, but only if you're caught up on the Marvel movies (while I admit that it works as a stand-alone, it's a bit spoilery for Endgame)

Also seconding Mare of Easttown on HBO Max. Go for Kate Winslet, but STAY for Jean Smart. (I am ALL IN for the Jean Smart Renaissance.)

If you can find it (I think it's on Hulu now?), and you didn't watch it last year, Fosse/Verdon is freakin' phenomenal.

If you have Peacock, I've been getting into Superstore, but I know I am incredibly late to the party! (They also have Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist there, which had a really interesting premise, but I thought the 2nd season was clunky ... and it hasn't been renewed for a 3rd.)

FX's Pose was very well done, if a bit less gritty and handcrafted than the actual Ballroom scene was (based on my reading and comparisons to documentaries like Paris is Burning, etc), although I really wanted more from the series finale ... and I'm looking forward to what Steven Canals does next. I tuned in for Billy Porter, but stayed for Mj Rodriguez and Indya Moore.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My brother Joe, who HAAAAAAATES sports, loves the Mighty Ducks show. I haven't watched yet - was in the middle of a nostalgia-watch of the OG movie and nobody wanted to watch with me. *sigh*
    I watched them alone. Ds2 watched 15 minutes and left. I binged all 3 while working on a project.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I watched them alone. Ds2 watched 15 minutes and left. I binged all 3 while working on a project.
    I would binge-watch, but I am very rarely alone. This week with DD at camp might be my best bet!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would binge-watch, but I am very rarely alone. This week with DD at camp might be my best bet!
    If she's home and doesn't want to watch, I assume she can entertain herself for 90 minutes. But, this week does sound like a good chance.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I enjoyed the show “Younger” you can watch all 7 seasons on Hulu. It was a fun rom com.

I watched Sex/Life and the writing was awful. Every episode is the same and it just goes in circles. I had friends who liked it, so maybe it was just me. Definitely do not watch it with kids present!!!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I am half way through Sex/Life and it is okay….part of me wants to finish it and the other part of me is like “nope…I just want to look up a spoiler and see if it is going where I don’t want it to go” and be done with it. I started this one because I saw it had Mike Vogel in it.

In the more teen friendly department I am also watching Zero Chill on Netflix.

As a family we are watching Modern Family on Hulu.

I have also seen one episode of Letterkenney on Hulu and that isn’t kid friendly either, but so far no where as close to be as R rated as Sex/Life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Letterkenny is definitely for either Canadians or those who like hockey and those who are ok with red neck humor.

Sexlife was a good diversion last weekend when we had storms and our satellite was knocked out.

I enjoyed the series The Innocent, it was 8 episodes, it's dubbed but the dubbing wasnt that noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I enjoyed the show “Younger” you can watch all 7 seasons on Hulu. It was a fun rom com.

I watched Sex/Life and the writing was awful. Every episode is the same and it just goes in circles. I had friends who liked it, so maybe it was just me. Definitely do not watch it with kids present!!!
    Yes every episode seems to be the same or very similar. Like I said above I can’t figure out if I even want to finish it. I don’t think you are alone in not liking it. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 31% fresh rating…and sometimes I think Rotten Tomatoes can be too harsh, but I think they might be spot on with this one.

In regards to the Mighty Ducks show I saw the first two episodes with my kids and I think we had planned to watch more together but never did. I am not sure if they even finished it. They both love the first two movies, but have yet to actually watch the third movie. Both are kid friendly.

Dh and DD1 like Loki, but DD2 is confused by it. Dh and Dd2 really like The Bad Batch.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Letterkenny is definitely for either Canadians or those who like hockey and those who are ok with red neck humor.

Sexlife was a good diversion last weekend when we had storms and our satellite was knocked out.

I enjoyed the series The Innocent, it was 8 episodes, it's dubbed but the dubbing wasnt that noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Letterkenney reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite for adults with a bit of Beavis and Butthead weaved in. I am from a farming area of NorCal that isn’t as desolate as Letterkenney takes place in (Ontario?), but there are definite similarities. In my area the hockey players would’ve been aging football players, but yes we had hicks/farmers (with really nice new trucks), stoners/goths, and plenty of religious youth groups. I think I will have some fun with this one and I think DH would like it too…if we ever get the TV to ourself.

I also want to check out Mr. D’s Class….When I heard Mr. D on Spitten Chiclets I thought he was pretty funny.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Some of my favorites and ones I’ve started:
    1. Schitts Creek (Canadian)
    2. Letterkenny (I’m Canadian, from Ontario so I love this show)
    3. Arrested Development
    4. Flack
    5. I just started getting into Ozark
    6. Home Before Dark (Apple TV+)
    7. Workin Moms (last 2 seasons aren’t great, another Canadian show)
    8. Killing Eve
    9. The Flight Attendant
    10. Just started Dollface last night. Seems ok so far.
    11. Jack Ryan
    12. Mythic Quest
    13. Physical
    14. My daughters and I loved WandaVision.

I’ve heard great things about Veep. So
    I may watch that one next.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast