Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I have a subaru ascent and I love it. I chose it over the other midsized suvs, because it had the features I wanted as well as the safety ratings. We are also longtime subaru people. It is a fun car to drive, which is unexpected! I couldn't do another Honda, we saw the quality decline after two Honda odysseys in a row. I am not a fan of Toyota having had issues with poor customer service. I don't have any experience with the armada, but some friends had one and got rid of it after a few years due to nagging problems.
    Can you comment on the Ascent vs the Odyssey? We have a 2008 Odyssey now and love it, particularly for its cargo space when all seats are down/removed...we've been able to transport furniture, large electronics (literally just hauled home a 70+ inch TV from Costco), yard stuff, etc...so many things ourselves that we would otherwise have to pay for someone to deliver. But it is aging...and we still want/need a 3-row 8-passenger car and would love for it to be AWD. I'm open to another minivan but it looks like only the Toyota Sienna offers an 8 passenger AWD option and we refuse to buy from Toyota, their customer service and sales pressure strategy sucks. Chrysler's Pacifica you can only get AWD on the 7 passenger option...

I'm loving the Ascent (I'm a Subaru fan and have a Forester) but am afraid it will feel too small after loving our Odyssey and its insanely flexible and cavernous interior while not feeling like a big car to drive...
    Last edited by twowhat?; 07-06-2021 at 06:25 PM.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am currently shopping for a 3 row SUV to move to from my Sienna. I had pretty much decided to get a Highlander because I’m a fan of my past Toyota’s, but they have been by far the biggest donors of some congressman I disagree with (after saying they wouldn’t donate to them previously) so I’m looking to avoid Toyota or Subaru now. Reconsidering the Pilot and the QX60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I am currently shopping for a 3 row SUV to move to from my Sienna. I had pretty much decided to get a Highlander because I’m a fan of my past Toyota’s, but they have been by far the biggest donors of some congressman I disagree with (after saying they wouldn’t donate to them previously) so I’m looking to avoid Toyota or Subaru now. Reconsidering the Pilot and the QX60.

Why Subaru? I do have the same issue with Toyota and would probably avoid them too (but I’m not going to trade in my current Toyota)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Why Subaru? I do have the same issue with Toyota and would probably avoid them too (but I’m not going to trade in my current Toyota)

Toyota is a 15% owner of Subaru. I love Subarus though and will probably buy one next year.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Toyota is a 15% owner of Subaru. I love Subarus though and will probably buy one next year.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’ve driven a Pilot for 17 years now. Love it.
    Last edited by KpbS; 07-07-2021 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo
    K

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a 2005 Pilot that needs a $2000 air conditioner repair. We still need another SUV that has similar cargo capacity.

I have thought about the Ascent. I am bored by the current Pilot and the Highlander has always seemed too small. I haven't seen them mentioned, but 2 that I'm considering are the Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride. They have better warranties. Both can be low stock and some dealers are adding money on top of MSRP. I think Honda may not have to try as hard as these other two. I haven't been thrilled with the reliability.

I have a friend who got the Hyundai Palisade not too long ago and she absolutely loves it. She hasn’t had it long enough to know about reliability or longevity yet, but had a smaller Hyundai previously and was very happy with it too.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I have read great things about the Palisade and Telluride but I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a brand I perceive as less quality and reliability. But the reviewers do say good things.

Looks like I might get a Highlander after all. Toyota Is announcing the following today.

Default Another "What SUV should I look at" post

Sorry picture didn’t post in last post. Announcement from Toyota below.
    Last edited by nfceagles; 07-08-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast