Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Sounds like a great interview. Fingers crossed for you…
    Thanks! Again, even if I don't get an offer, I feel more confident about relating the potential role to my past experience.

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    Glad to hear it went well - fingers crossed for you!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    So happy your interview went well! You have a good attitude and sound like the research yo put in paid off too! Kudos!
    Thank you! I've never really done research this way before, but the company website was comprehensive & had a lot of great information on its public-facing side, including a sample style guide (I'd be responsible for applying the style guide during any basic grammatical/usage edits, so I felt like reviewing it was important) and a deep-dive into who, why, and what the company represents in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Glad to hear it went well. We said prayers for you last night. Even if you don’t get the position, interviewing is a good skill to keep practicing. The right job will come along!
    Thank you! I really appreciate the extra intercessions. This is the kind of thing where I mentally light a candle and let it go. At least with a positive experience, I feel better about increasing my momentum with applications. PLUS ... I have another week next week to search and apply for things because DD is at daycamp.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

UPDATE #2:

Well, they phoned today and confirmed that the interview went as well as I thought it had, but they're going to go in a different direction for the current opening.

HOWEVER, they did say that they'd keep my info on file if they had anything come up, so that's really positive. I'm satisfied with this outcome and will continue to search and apply for positions moving forward.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’m sorry it didn’t work out but I’m so glad they called you and are keeping you in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sorry to hear it didn’t work out. Hoping something better is just around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’m sorry it didn’t work out but I’m so glad they called you and are keeping you in mind.
    Thanks! It was a sign that I managed to interview well, so that's promising. I've been doing a lot of remote stuff with Girl Scouts and DD's school this year, so I'm more comfortable on camera than I would have been a year ago, which has to have helped some.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Sorry to hear it didn’t work out. Hoping something better is just around the corner!
    It probably means that I should research temp agencies in the meantime to have some paid work show up after a 7-year gap on my resume.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Bummer that this job didn’t pan out, but that’s great news that they will keep you in mind for future openings. That is what happened with me last August. I applied, then sent in a video intro video answering several questions, then did a Zoom interview. They filled the positions that were currently available but said they would keep my resume on file. Several weeks later they decide to hire for more positions and I did a very short phone interview and was sent a job offer. So fingers crossed for you that another opening comes up and they remember your positive interview!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3