Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Recommend your Little Black Dress

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Is this for parties or some other function? Any pics of college aged girls I see are not anything like the styles found at most places the moms shop here. I showed DD who is 18 some of these and she said, not even a chance she'd wear any of these. She suggested Romwe, Lulu's, Shein (online) as well as forever 21, places like that. Also any of the Instagram influencers often post great links to cute stuff. You can find some pretty dresses for less than 50 dollars just about anywhere, even Tj maxx, Nordstrom rack. For a business event like an academic meet and greet maybe something conservative like from the loft but a lbd party dress is going to be from one of the youthful places. I seem to find that when you aren't specifically looking is when find something and you should grab it to have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I got the impression from OP and her follow up that she wanted something more mature. Easy enough to pick up a cheap night out dress but investing in a classic dress to wear for professional or events (not hanging out with friends) is a logical choice. To me, an LBD is a wardrobe staple that’s lines will last and can accessorized to fit different occasions. For this, she might need a dress for a cocktail party with her parents or an interview or on a fancy date (yes, some college kids do that) with some killer heels .
    Also, OP asked for dresses for her. So, some of mine were dresses that I thought OP might like more.
    Everyone has a different fashion style too. To some teens, they just might gravitate towards more mature styles. Nothing wrong with either fashion sensibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I have two from Eddie Bauer, sleeveless and 3/4 sleeve. They are both extremely flattering comfortable, washable, and wrinkle free. They can be dressed up or down, and are probably my best buys ever in terms of dresses. I got them both on clearance at the EB Outlet.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OP here. Yep, DD is leaning more towards classic styles than most teens. That may change in the future, hard to say. At her age I also tended to have the same classic style, too.

And I am looking for me, too - the Boden one looks great! Eddie Bauer, too - but they are out of petite sizes in black. I will keep them in mind for the future, though. I really do tend to need petite, esp with sleeveless styles- it usually helps with gaps around the arm opening.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    OP here. Yep, DD is leaning more towards classic styles than most teens. That may change in the future, hard to say. At her age I also tended to have the same classic style, too.

And I am looking for me, too - the Boden one looks great! Eddie Bauer, too - but they are out of petite sizes in black. I will keep them in mind for the future, though. I really do tend to need petite, esp with sleeveless styles- it usually helps with gaps around the arm opening.
    If she is cool with a basic classic then the Boden one is great.

At some point she will probably look for something else. More trendy would be H&M or Forever 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2