Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Getting a "booster" of Modern/Pfizer if your 18 yo got J&J vaxxx

Delta B is here in our area. From what I have seen J&J is not as effective against this strain. When DS got his vax, J&J was what was offered. I am thinking he needs a booster. Or--does he need to do the first and second shots of Moderna/Pfizer? I will call his doctor but I am wondering what you wise mommas have read/heard about this?
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I heard the other day that J&J is not currently requiring a booster.
    Our state caseload is high and some infected have been vaccinated. It’s just so much more infectious.
    K

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not needed according to Dr Griffin on TWIV. He talked about it specifically in today’s clinical update!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Not needed according to Dr Griffin on TWIV. He talked about it specifically in today’s clinical update!
    Bisous, I looked for that episode but I am unable to find it. Would you mind sharing it? I have a friend who’s been researching this as she got J&J and made an appointment to get a booster with Pfizer! She says that Canadian doctor friends had recommended it though it is not at all official. Seems a bit risky to me…
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

apparently everyone in the study is getting a modified mRNA vaccine of the beta variant, B.1.351, in one of two doses.

I don't know if I would get a booster until the CDC recommends it, honestly. I'm going to listen to the latest TWIV while I wait.
    Last edited by zukeypur; 07-13-2021 at 11:21 AM.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

this popped up today https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mX_vh7sreu5Fwg FDA expected to announce new warning on Johnson & Johnson vaccine related to rare autoimmune disorder
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Thanks for the replies. In our area, 95-98% of people hospitalized withCovid are unvaccinated. That is certainly what my husband is seeing in the ER.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know handful of people fully vaccinated with Pfizer who currently have covid, and have noticeable symptoms. Not life threatening symptoms, but knocked out in bed with symptoms. Israel says Pfizer is only around 69% effective against the delta strain. I’ve not heard the numbers for moderna.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I know handful of people fully vaccinated with Pfizer who currently have covid, and have noticeable symptoms. Not life threatening symptoms, but knocked out in bed with symptoms. Israel says Pfizer is only around 69% effective against the delta strain. I’ve not heard the numbers for moderna.
    I honestly only pay attention to hospital level Covid. That’s the world I work in. If someone isn’t in the hospital, they are doing rally well all things considered.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Do you know how long ago they got their vaccinations and which one they got? Obviously this delta variant has mutated enough that the vaccine isn't helping as much, but I'm curious how much of that is because of mutation vs the vaccine efficacy declining (or both!).

I don't think we have numbers on Moderna yet since Isreal only gave Pfizer vaccines but am also curious if those that got Moderna are also catching the new variant.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast