Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I think that’s a personal thing… I am more risk averse than some of you, plus I live in an area where most people wear masks indoors, and I got used to it and I really don’t see the problem. I’d rather not risk it when this is such an easy thing for me to do And even allowed us to have a couple of vacations without too much stress.

The only time I haven’t done it is when I’m gathering with people I know who are fully vaxed, and I’ve only done that a couple of times though now Dd brings her friends over. However a couple of times we ate inside a restaurant when they didn’t have outdoor dining… I think that was the most uncomfortable I’ve been but we chose places that were taking some precautions, like good ventilation. It was probably fine but definitely an adjustment!

Definitely differences in being risk averse and my kids are all vaccinated, I would be more cautious if I had kids under 12 or a high risk immediate family member. But like President Macron, I feel I did my part and now that I am vaccinated, I am returning to normal life. I still wear a mask where it is required, but no where else.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I mentioned specific friends that are currently struggling with Delta for two reasons - (post #10) was mentioning that they weren't seeing hospitalized vacc'd people where they were, and secondly, that these two people I know personally got Moderna and Pfiser, not the J&J that was the original question of this thread.

I feel that all vaccines will require a booster at some point; it's just a matter of when. I'm thinking it will become the yearly flu shot. But mixing vaccines is a bad idea, in my opinion, with the data we have now.
    I’m the one who posted that (post #10), and you’re right I should have phrased it as “very few cases” to be accurate. I asked again this past weekend and that is still the case. The overwhelming majority of those they are seeing in the hospital are unvaccinated. I asked two friends who work at different hospitals and they are seeing the same thing. They all said there has been an uptick in cases since July 4th when so many people were gathering together, and statistically it’s almost, but not all, people who aren’t vaccinated who are ending up admitted.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just chiming in to add that we've started wearing masks again indoors. This is because our county health department has recommended it and we've decided to follow their recommendations. Our adjacent county has already made mask wearing indoors mandatory again after briefly dropping the requirement. (I also have unvaccinated younger children and that has led me to be extra cautious too!)

We have started masking again indoors as well. We live in a state with relatively low vax rates, although in an area with higher than the state average. It's a simple step to help protect unvaccinated DD and try to avoid infection if possible. It was probably only a matter of time but one of my girlfriends tested positive today. She's vaccinated and so far only has a fever and bad headache. Hopefully that will be the extent of it but she was supposed to go on our girls beach trip this weekend. I'm 100% in support of vaccination and believe it's a huge part of the layered approach to fighting this pandemic.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    Definitely differences in being risk averse and my kids are all vaccinated, I would be more cautious if I had kids under 12 or a high risk immediate family member. But like President Macron, I feel I did my part and now that I am vaccinated, I am returning to normal life. I still wear a mask where it is required, but no where else.
    Yes to this almost 100% but I have an unvaccinated 11 year old.

I just want to say that vaccinations has always been a strong topic here. There are people here who didn’t vaccinate their kids as babies and toddlers but made sure they got the Covid 19 vaccine and then there are others who didn’t vaccinate their kids for either. Each had their reason for both. I think we need to leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's interesting to me, all of my older neighbors, 60s, who are super Trumpers, all got vaccinated as soon as they were eligible. My now xbf refuses, although he was the first to wear a mask and was always wearing one, he is a die hard Trumper and says he doesn't trust the vaccine, he has long haul covid, severe head aches 6 months later, he had a fever for 6 weeks, still a cough, but won't look at any of the studies that show the vaccine may help him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7