Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would be really reluctant to do this without any data showing that 1) it works and 2) it's safe. In theory, it works and should be safe...but I don't know that I'd be willing to experiment on myself. If it were me and I got J&J, I'd continue to wear my mask indoors and distance where possible. I think the vaccine + one other layer of safety is really good protection.

Even with having gotten mRNA vaccines, my family is continuing to mask indoors when the vaccination status of others around us is unknown. Not sure how things are gonna shape up when school starts though...

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Dh got J&J and he is. Ot planning on getting any kind of booster unless it is J&J. Delta is not common in my area as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I'm enrolling in a Moderna booster trial today, piggybacking on the original trial. I'll let you know what I find out today.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just to clarify - Delta is more contagious but not more severe?

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Not needed according to Dr Griffin on TWIV. He talked about it specifically in today’s clinical update!
    Bisous, I looked for that episode but I am unable to find it. Would you mind sharing it? I have a friend who’s been researching this as she got J&J and made an appointment to get a booster with Pfizer! She says that Canadian doctor friends had recommended it though it is not at all official. Seems a bit risky to me…
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

apparently everyone in the study is getting a modified mRNA vaccine of the beta variant, B.1.351, in one of two doses.

I don't know if I would get a booster until the CDC recommends it, honestly. I'm going to listen to the latest TWIV while I wait.
    Last edited by zukeypur; 07-13-2021 at 11:21 AM.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

this popped up today https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mX_vh7sreu5Fwg FDA expected to announce new warning on Johnson & Johnson vaccine related to rare autoimmune disorder
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

According to TWIV the Pfizer vaccine is 88% effective in preventing severe disease caused by the Delta variant. Also, they said the Delta variant may be more transmissible, but it doesn't look like it's causing more hospitalizations or deaths.

Also, they said there is currently no data to show that those that received the J&J vaccine should get an mRNA vaccine. In fact, they said the J&J may be the better vaccine to have against the Delta variant because of how well it boosts the T cell response.

I know it was talked about in the last clinical update because I listened to it on the plane last night: https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-778/

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    According to TWIV the Pfizer vaccine is 88% effective in preventing severe disease caused by the Delta variant. Also, they said the Delta variant may be more transmissible, but it doesn't look like it's causing more hospitalizations or deaths.

Also, they said there is currently no data to show that those that received the J&J vaccine should get an mRNA vaccine. In fact, they said the J&J may be the better vaccine to have against the Delta variant because of how well it boosts the T cell response.

I know it was talked about in the last clinical update because I listened to it on the plane last night: https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-778/

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Globetrotter this is the episode I was referencing. Episode 778.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Globetrotter this is the episode I was referencing. Episode 778.
    Thanks!! I passed on the links and timestamps to my friend. Nowadays I’ve stopped listening to twiv unless I have a specific question!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast