Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Thanks!! I passed on the links and timestamps to my friend. Nowadays I’ve stopped listening to twiv unless I have a specific question!
    I just make sure to listen to the clinical update every Friday. It's only 35-45 minutes long usually and has the most important updates/news from the week.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got my shot late December. I suspect they will issue guidance about boosters by fall. My concern is for my colleagues in states that have the delta variant rampaging through them will get sick and die because they are 7-8 months out from the initial vaccination because the community does not support or believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I got my shot late December. I suspect they will issue guidance about boosters by fall. My concern is for my colleagues in states that have the delta variant rampaging through them will get sick and die because they are 7-8 months out from the initial vaccination because the community does not support or believe them.
    I got mine in September/October. They draw my blood to test antibody levels every time I go in for a check up, so know that they are actively monitoring how long immunity lasts. Of course, I don't get to see the results, but it makes me feel better knowing that they are monitoring it. I am anxious to see results from the studies.

Moderna is testing their booster now, and Pfizer is scheduled to start testing in August. I suspect that they will apply for EUA very quickly if the results are favorable. I know that I produced a VERY strong immune response.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    If it reassures you at all, my relatives who work directly with delta variant COVID19 patients, here in SoCal, are 7-8 months out from the vaccine and they are not seeing any hospitalizations or deaths among their vaccinated colleagues. Same situation at the hospital where my DS volunteers. In the last two weeks we've been invited to three different gatherings hosted by (separately) a nurse, two doctors, and a nurse practitioner, and DS' hospital held two indoor volunteer appreciation events (with food served). So confidence in the vaccines is very high here! (ETA: We are still sticking to only attending small, outdoor gatherings with our closest people- and it's becoming increasingly frustrating for my kids to see all the unmasked GTGs going on.)
    Last edited by California; 07-14-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I just make sure to listen to the clinical update every Friday. It's only 35-45 minutes long usually and has the most important updates/news from the week.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reminder about Fridays! I was doing that a while back but recently we have been more active so my podcast use has greatly dropped off
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I know of 4 people 2 local 2 in a. Area I previously lived and still friends with sho were fully Covid vaccinated and still contracted Covid ( much worse than my case ) now I saw this https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57830617...LSobS3H3AvbXeE
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I know of 4 people 2 local 2 in a. Area I previously lived and still friends with sho were fully Covid vaccinated and still contracted Covid ( much worse than my case ) now I saw this https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57830617...LSobS3H3AvbXeE
    One of my facebook groups the admin said she was vax's and still got covid she shared she had both Pfizer vaccines.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I doubt that most of us that are vaccinated would even know if they got Covid now. 97% of the cases that have been hospitalized are unvaccinated. I would guess that some of the "colds" going around are Covid. I'm not going to get tested for some mild sniffles.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I doubt that most of us that are vaccinated would even know if they got Covid now. 97% of the cases that have been hospitalized are unvaccinated. I would guess that some of the "colds" going around are Covid. I'm not going to get tested for some mild sniffles.
    So true. Both DDs and I had a cold a month ago. Dd1 and I are vaccinated. Sneezing, runny nose, mild sore throat from nasal drip. Otherwise felt fine. DH has had a sinus thing all week…also mild sore throat, sounds congested, sneezing and runny nose. He too is vaccinated. DH is a total hypochondriac and was ready to get himself a doctor appointment at first sniffle. I convinced him that he’s a)more likely to pick up germs at the docs office and b) whether it’s a cold or Covid you can’t treat either. He’s a teacher and so home for the summer so it’s not like he was going to risk exposing anyone else.

My work place had been testing all employees weekly but now is only testing unvaccinated. So I no longer have my weekly update of being Covid free and I kinda miss it just cause I liked knowing not because it changes my behavior and risk avoidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have close friends with Delta. Both early 30's. While not fully vacc'd, he was on day 10 after 2nd Moderna shot. He spent 11 days in the hospital, but did not go on a vent. She was day 9 after 2nd Pfizer shot. They both went into hospital on the same day. She was on a vent for nearly two weeks. She's now off the vent, but still in hospital - five weeks now. She got a feeding tube and trach, and is relearning how to eat. Stood up for the first time yesterday. Pretty scary stuff.
    And - on top of everything else - the bills will most likely bankrupt them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast