Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    There are 10 million people in LA County. LA itself has about 4 million people. Those numbers are tiny, tiny.

We need to talk about the public health crisis of the non vaxxed adults. Not kids. And for the love of Pete, schools should open full time around the nation.
    Agree, June numbers for Maryland were 100 percent of deaths unvaccinated, 93 percent of hospitalized unvaccinated (given that hospitalization hovered around 100 people Statewide in June, that is likely a dozen or so vaccinated who were hospitalized). Clearly the unvaccinated are the people public health officials need to reach.
    Last edited by westwoodmom04; 07-19-2021 at 06:50 PM.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The AAP came out today saying all students should be wearing masks in school no matter if they are vaccinated or not.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    The AAP came out today saying all students should be wearing masks in school no matter if they are vaccinated or not.
    I saw that. I doubt our school will follow it unless forced to.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I saw that. I doubt our school will follow it unless forced to.
    Same. Our states are very similar but our numbers are way worse currently. Our legislature actually passed a law against mask mandates.
    K

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS3 best friend got sick went to DR for chest congestion and tested positive he had both Pfizer vaccines they are 17.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    DS3 best friend got sick went to DR for chest congestion and tested positive he had both Pfizer vaccines they are 17.
    Pointing out individual cases just doesn't amount to much when compared with the data of millions of people.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Pointing out individual cases just doesn't amount to much when compared with the data of millions of people.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove when you post about people getting diagnosed who were vaccinated. We know there are breakthrough cases. It's going to get worse with the Delta variant and no one vaccinating. Those of us who want to be vaccinated or get our kids vaccinated already have, and those you don't haven't. So pointing out breakthrough cases isn't going to change anyone's mind. Even if someone did decided "oh, I wish I hadn't gotten the shot," there's nothing that can be done at this point. You can't unvaccinated yourself.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove when you post about people getting diagnosed who were vaccinated. We know there are breakthrough cases. It's going to get worse with the Delta variant and no one vaccinating. Those of us who want to be vaccinated or get our kids vaccinated already have, and those you don't haven't. So pointing out breakthrough cases isn't going to change anyone's mind. Even if someone did decided "oh, I wish I hadn't gotten the shot," there's nothing that can be done at this point. You can't unvaccinated yourself.
    I think that’s what I don’t understand. Pretty much everyone posting is vaccinated and our 12+ kids are too. So, that ship has sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I disagree. Even just a few weeks ago someone here commented on the fact that knowing someone in real life who is affected by something makes it more real. The numbers might be minuscule but knowing someone with real life experience makes a difference.

I don’t think we should be discouraging anyone from posting, should we? The fact is that Jeana is one of the few remaining conservatives here and a long time poster. Please, let her speak no matter how much you don’t want to hear what she has to say.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I disagree. Even just a few weeks ago someone here commented on the fact that knowing someone in real life who is affected by something makes it more real. The numbers might be minuscule but knowing someone with real life experience makes a difference.

I don’t think we should be discouraging anyone from posting, should we? The fact is that Jeana is one of the few remaining conservatives here and a long time poster. Please, let her speak no matter how much you don’t want to hear what she has to say.
    It has nothing to do with liberal vs conservative. Let’s not drag long standing problems come in here. I want to know what the point is of pointing out the random breakthrough cases. Again, we know they are happening but what can we do about it. Maybe there are some silent, undecided spectators that she is talking to but the posters have almost all gotten vaccinated so what’s the goal here?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast