Default Weightlifting coach?

DD injured her shoulder last year at school in the weight room. She is in PT for it currently. Her PT recommended hiring someone who would teach her how to properly use the weights as it sounds like the weight room coach at school has too many kids in there at one time to properly educate and instruct each kid. Where would be a good place to locate someone to do this? Is a personal trainer the way to go or is there some other professional that fills this need? I would probably put DS in it as well because he goes to the weight room at school too for his sports.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

You want a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS) which is a certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Some, but not all personal trainers will have this certification. Choose one who also has experience working with people her age who have similar activity levels and goals. You may be able to view credentials of trainers at local gyms online, if not you could call and ask or get recommendations from local sports coaches or friends if you know anyone who has worked with trainers in your area.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our Y offers a class for teens to teach them how to weight train properly.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Did you report this to the school? Even with lots of kids, I would think that they would be able to do something like a short, ten min per day group instruction on a specific lift or piece of equipment. That's how they did it when I was in school.

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would do 4-6 sessions with a personal trainer. Although pricey, early weight lifting can cause severe injury.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would look for a personal trainer who has experience with youth athletes Specifically female youth athletes. Then do several sessions video the technique for her to refer to also.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions