Neither of my kids have been tested.

Dd1 can end up with a mild stomach ache or the explosive diarrhea issue so no she isn’t up for testing. Her symptoms are weird she can eat a single slice of cold cheese pizza and be okay but then other time if she has any type of ice cream or chicken strips (especially if the batter is made with buttermilk) she is in pain and so she usually takes a lactaid tablet when eating chicken strips. Chocolate can also wreak havoc with her stomach. She didn’t start having issues until she was about 9.

She likes the generic lactaid caplets and has had the best luck with the ones from Vons (Safeway), Rite Aid or Ralph’s (Kroger). The ones from Target bother her as do the official Lactaid brand ones. I have never seen lactaid tablets at Costco.

Dd2 has never been tested either but as an infant she had horrible reflux from birth and could only keep down Similac Sensitive formula once I stopped breast feeding (if that hadn’t worked it would’ve been the nasty hypoallergenic type would’ve been the last result). At about 18 months she ended up with a nasty case of rotavirus so we stopped milk for a week and then the doctor said try lactaid milk and it was a revelation as she no longer had stinky poop and she finally stopped having to take Zantac daily. She drinks lactaid milk but has no other issues with dairy so she doesn’t need to take lactaid caplets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk