Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
Sorta similar. I caved when covid shut everything down. DS was just about 9 (April bday) . I let my younger son start playing soon after though who was probably 7.5. The game itself is fine, they don't talk or play with strangers and almost all the kids in our area play it. The annoying things are the minor peer dramas, when they set up times to meet/play that don't actually work for our schedule/plans and then they get upset they have to miss it, and constantly asking for "vbucks" ie. money to buy virtual crap. (And like they earned $60 gift cards through our school district for doing summer school....they intend to spend all their money on fortnight virtual crap.) Aside from that, it's alright, I don't really regret letting them play at this point (it was great all the times they were quarantined this year that they still could interact with friends.) Both of them go in phases where they barely ever play and then will play a bunch for a few weeks.
Exact same scenario in my household. DS1 started it late 3rd grade but didn’t play much cuz was active in sports/hanging out. During virtual days of schooling with pandemic allowed DS1 to stay connected with his friends online.

When things opened up, soccer resumed last spring he played lot less. Now it’s depends what is going on; weeks of playing 2-3 hours a week to hours on weekend mornings. V bucks is my most annoying aspect of this game. He plays with good group of incoming 5th grader friends, so minimal drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro