Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ahh, that's too bad! We have YouTube TV and have been watching the Olympics all day every day so far.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Ahh, that's too bad! We have YouTube TV and have been watching the Olympics all day every day so far.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Ugh. Seriously. We already dropped nearly $50. For another $20 we'd have great coverage but DH doesn't have the same Olympics bug that I do!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I've been watching on NBC over the air. They have a lot of coverage it seems.
    Kris

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There are 20 over the air antennas you can get at best buy/Walmart, put by a window, Google local stations to see which direction to point, in an urban setting should get a good signal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    There are 20 over the air antennas you can get at best buy/Walmart, put by a window, Google local stations to see which direction to point, in an urban setting should get a good signal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    These don’t work in our area. Not sure why? Could be distance or mountains (hills).

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    These don’t work in our area. Not sure why? Could be distance or mountains (hills).
    Try Locast! We live in a valley and can't get any local signals with an OTA antenna due to all the mountains, but no problem at all with Locast. It's very similar to watching broadcast TV/cable. I swear I don't work for them, lol! I've just been super happy with the service and have been watching the Olympics quite easily these past several days. You can always try it out for free to see if it works. $5.50 will pay for a month of service with no donation request interruptions. Much cheaper than any streaming service I've found.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for posting about your experience streaming the Olympics. We are in the same boat. We cut cable years ago and only have a few streaming subscriptions (Netflix etc) that do not stream the Olympics. My kids are super into the Olympics this year and DS1 decided to sign up for a free YouTube trial, but that only lasts a week, I believe. So, just last night I was thinking about getting Peacock! And now I won't, lol, I'll just subscribe to YouTube for the month.

I agree with you OP that NBC really should have sold their streaming app and had extensive Olympic coverage. Honestly, this is the first time my family is missing having cable! Mostly for the Olympics and baseball.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We are YouTube TV people and just went away this weekend. Brought our Firestick and logged onto our YouTube TV at the vacation house. All of the coverage we had recorded was right there- like we brought our TV with us. BUT we found out on Saturday night that we couldn’t watch what was live because we weren’t in our home area. 🤷*♀️ Since we had selected so much content to record, we weren’t missing much. Plenty to keep us entertained. Just not the normal NBC prime time coverage. YouTube TV isn’t cheap but it’s been worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another YouTube TV user here. We too have enjoyed easy access to all the olympics events and coverage.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2