twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default s/o makeup help: setting spray recommendations?

I will be wearing masks indoors for the forseeable future. I'm also now having to start back up with work travel...I'm happy with my makeup game in terms of foundations/etc but I need something to keep makeup from rubbing off on masks, if that exists. Like a setting spray? Something that works with oily skin, that helps makeup stay put without adding any weird shine or "dew". I tend to have to wear makeup for 15+ hours at a time and I do NOT touch up, nor do I want to touch up. My current makeup stays on great and I can use blotting paper over it, and it won't rub off as long as I don't otherwise touch it. Masks definitely add a complicating factor...and yes, I will want to wear makeup, at LEAST foundation, because my skin has lots of redness/veins that needs coverage. Mask will come off here and there so I need to have makeup on underneath.

Something I can get quickly at Ulta, Target, Amazon...

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Use a good translucent setting powder. Laura Mercier is fantastic, just don't get the radiant one. For setting spray, Urban Decay All Nighter, no question. You can get it a Ulta. UD also has a waterproof All Nighter pressed setting powder that is magical if you can't get the LM quickly.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use BareMinerals Mineral Veil for a setting powder, but do not use setting spray.

I hadn't even begun to think about possible "doesn't rub off" solutions in makeup (most of the early smudge-proof foundations made my skin feel creepy-crawly, so I haven't tried any since 1995) but I'm following this thread to see if there are things I'll be able to experiment with in the future.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default s/o makeup help: setting spray recommendations?

I was a loyal Laura Mercier loose powder user for probably 20 years but last year switched to Fenty Powder which provides a crazy amount of powder for the same price as Laura Mercier and I like it a little bit more. You can get it at Sephora.

Another UD All Nighter Setting Spray fan. I usually get mine from Ulta when they have a deal on it during one of “days of beauty” sales.

I also find that a long wear foundation also makes a ton of difference especially when wearing a mask. I have had excellent luck with Smashbbox 24 hour foundation, and Il Makiage’s Woke Up Like This. Smashbox is sold at both Ulta and Sephora. I’ll Makiage is online only but their foundation marcher was spot on with the Smashbox one.

ETA: oh yes Hourglass gets some love these days but I haven’t tried it because I still have a bunch of UD left from 2019’s ULTA bogo sale.

Also a good primer is also key to making foundation stay on for me and apply easily. I like Tarte’s Smoothing Timeless Primers. A lot of other primers I have tried throughout the years broke me out; most notably loved Laura Mercier, and Smashbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-19-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just got turned on to Hourglass setting powder. It's fantastic.

https://www.sephora.com/product/veil...430240:product

I've also just started using Sephora Lip Stain and find it has great staying power. I blot after applying and it lasts all day and doesn't rub off unless you actively wipe it. I also find that it isn't drying to my lips like many longwear products are. https://www.sephora.com/product/crea...pstick-P281411
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

♥ms.pacman♥ is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

like others i am a fan of urban decay all nighter spray. i think u can buy it at Ulta. i've also ordered from UD website (they often have deals) and their shipping is super fast. i swear i think their warehouse is in DFW bc i've gotten stuff pretty quickly

i really like urban decay vice lipsticks in mega matte or comfort matte in terms of staying power and not rubbing off on masks.

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I also use the Urban Decay spray but I use the one specifically for oily skin… https://www.ulta.com/p/de-slick-oil-...mpprod15371017

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Another vote for Urban Decay All Nighter spray!
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05