Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's tough for sure. We used Niche for getting a feel for different colleges. I also downloaded the entire college data dictionary from the Us Dept of Ed because yes I am a spreadsheet geek.

Has she done any virtual or in person tours yet? I just signed up for one, we are at the local flagship state university where she has lived her whole life, hoping it will help her get a baseline.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

removing double post

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    I wish I had done this.... based on all of the praise this book receives, I went ahead and ordered it.... I just received it from Amazon and learned that only 4 schools from my state made the list and none of the schools that we already planned to visit were included. I'm not sure how helpful the book will be for my daughter.
    I requested Fiske from our library. I'll start there. We are doing some in person tours next weeks. We will see how that goes.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS is pretty stuck too. He doesn't really have a working list at this point. My/his list is very long with a lot of possibilities on it. I'm just waiting for him to have opinions... Size, location, etc. He wants engineering but other than that he's pretty undecided. Well he would like for it to not be crazy expensive.

We got the Fiske guide from there library and the font is so small I can barely read it with glasses on. I picked up the Princeton guide today and it's much easier to read. I'm hoping he'll start to take a look.

We have done a couple tours but he really isn't interested in them as they are just walking around looking at the buildings. Maybe by spring we can go inside more.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Kris

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I remember reading the Princeton guide from cover to cover. I was the opposite of some of these DC and I thought researching colleges was fascinating.

I would recommend starting with a short list of 3 or so colleges. Research those, talk to admissions people, watch the online tours, etc. Next eliminate the ones that aren’t a good fit, add another, etc.
    K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3