Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Anything ELSE like Noom for weight loss?

I'm really torn about NOOM. I'm almost to the end of the 2 week trial, and there is a lot I like about it. However, even with all the offers and coupon codes I could scrape together, it would be $200 to continue.

At the same time, I feel like I'm in a groove and if I had a similar app I could keep going....anything like it without quite the price tag?

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How is this different than my fitness pal? Do you mind telling me how this noom works.. Thanks

If you like Noom, have you gotten any of the 90% off coupons, etc. you might have to go ahead and cancel your subscription to get that offer if you haven't already. They play such games with their pricing it drives me crazy.

What is it that you are liking about it? The bits of daily info? The community? the simplified food tracking?
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Weight Watchers?

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    If you like Noom, have you gotten any of the 90% off coupons, etc. you might have to go ahead and cancel your subscription to get that offer if you haven't already. They play such games with their pricing it drives me crazy.

What is it that you are liking about it? The bits of daily info? The community? the simplified food tracking?
    I got one of their 90% off emails, and when I went to use it - it was clearly not 90% off. I don't remember if they did a "Kohl's" where they just raised the "retail price" or if there was extra tiers added and "discounted", but it was absolutely still a lot of money and not "90% off".

yup it's the same game all retailers seem to play these days - raising the price as well as the coupon but I'm pretty sure I didn't pay $200 last time I did noom. But it may have been that I had to essentially cancel first to get the best offer.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I paid $140 two years ago.

I went back to Weight Watchers. I need to get back to in person meetings but I don’t particularly care for the meeting leaders at my local centers. I get 50% off through my work so that helps even though I haven’t been to an in person meeting since early January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I tried to cancel my Noom membership and they offered a monthly payment option that was much cheaper. I would try to cancel and see what you get.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was also going to suggest canceling and see what they offer!

I've only been using My Fitness Pal and have lost one pound a week since I started (down 9 pounds now, and feel SO MUCH BETTER). I was also surprised that weight came off of problem areas, mainly my stomach! I'm definitely motivated to continue, and it's not hard at all to track calories. My goal is 10 pounds total but I might be motivated to go just a little more and lose 12-13 pounds and that would put me at my college weight! The bad...some of that weight came off my boobs too.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I was also going to suggest canceling and see what they offer!

I've only been using My Fitness Pal and have lost one pound a week since I started (down 9 pounds now, and feel SO MUCH BETTER). I was also surprised that weight came off of problem areas, mainly my stomach! I'm definitely motivated to continue, and it's not hard at all to track calories. My goal is 10 pounds total but I might be motivated to go just a little more and lose 12-13 pounds and that would put me at my college weight! The bad...some of that weight came off my boobs too.
    Is my fitness pal an app?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast