Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Jeans? Skinny is over right?

I’m tall 5’10” have a muffin top tummy and need jeans. Nothing ripped or cutoff at the bottom. These are for work. I’d love something high rise. What’s in style or otherwise acceptable?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It seems like all styles are acceptable right now. I thought I'd check what American Eagle is hawking as the trendiest...and it's the "mom" jean. I saw a big rack of "mom" jeans at the mall yesterday too (Macy's?).
    Nordstrom has all the types highlighted- high waisted, flared, straight, skinny...
    So, just buy what you like and looks. feels good!
    eta- the "mom" jean trend is likely for the youngsters to wear ironically. Most moms would probably not be able to pull it off...tapered legs don't tend to be very flattering.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 07-20-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know we're being told skinny jeans are out, but I've only seen teenagers wearing "mom" jeans. All the women over 18 (even college students on my campus) are still wearing skinny jeans.
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    I know we're being told skinny jeans are out, but I've only seen teenagers wearing "mom" jeans. All the women over 18 (even college students on my campus) are still wearing skinny jeans.
    Yeah. All the bloggers I follow are only showing the "newer" styles on sponsored posts, but all their candid/life photos are still skinny jeans.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Yeah - I was at Madewell just the other day and they are still selling lots of skinny jeans. That being said, I was at Old Navy yesterday and bought some high waisted straight legged pant that was on clearance. It's a bit short for me (I'm also 5'10, also with a muffin top!), but I think it's kind refreshing for summer. According to the Madewell employee, I can pull off the "cropped" jeans if I wear closed toe shoes/sneakers/etc. They do look weird with strappy sandals.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd try on lots of styles and see what you like, lately on women (not young women) I've seen skinny, straight, and some flare/boot. Personally I love a slim boot cut with a heel, I'm under 5 feet and it really lengthens my leg. I still love how American Eagle jeans fit, but I usually buy older styles at Plato's closet. I think just about everything goes right now, and yes, the "mom" jeans are horrible.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My skinny daughter wears mom jeans LOL I think it looks funny but she finds them comfortable, so in that sense they are refreshing. I think they would look terrible on me. Now that I’ve lost weight I much prefer skinny jeans! But my favorite is the boot cut style and I don’t really care if it’s out of fashion LOL
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    My skinny daughter wears mom jeans LOL I think it looks funny but she finds them comfortable, so in that sense they are refreshing. I think they would look terrible on me. Now that I’ve lost weight I much prefer skinny jeans! But my favorite is the boot cut style and I don’t really care if it’s out of fashion LOL
    I am laughing at my 12 yo DD wearing “mom jeans”. She can rock it bc she is tall (taller than me) and slim. I was dying recently on vacation when she was so excited about the pocket space in her mom jean shorts (fit her phone and sunglasses!). But for me… mid rise is the most I can do. I am short and just can not do high waist. I also adore the skinny style though I held on to some boot cut from long ago that maybe I can wear with boots this winter. I have also been looking for mid rise rough hem or straight hem cropped… so hard to find. They are either high rise or skinny. I have enough skinny that I love.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Skinny jeans are a new classic, and will stay relevant according to the style blogs I've seen. I will always appreciate skinnies personally.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’ve seen everything. I’m still seeing skinny jeans for sale but also straight leg, bootcut and even some tapered. For those of us with tiny waists and lots of booty or big legs, taped pants can be really flattering.

For the past few years I’ve been finding attractive, good fitting jeans at White House Black Market. I must not be alone in this because they sell out quickly. They have some high rise cuts but you can find average and low-rise as well. And the fabrics are very comfortable. I don’t think the photos do a great job of showing how they fit. You gotta try them on. And they carry many more styles online than in store. At least, that was the case 5 years ago. I buy a couple of pairs from there every August since I live in them all winter.

Im sure I’ll still be wearing skinny-jeans in the fall since they fit well in my knee-high boots and work well with oversized sweaters and cardigans
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 07-20-2021 at 11:23 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast