Anyone dealt with this for their child? I just saw DD2's test results and they are coming in low (112 ng/mL). She is small for her age, her bone age test shows a 12 month delay, and she is *just* beginning to develop breast buds. She is 11, and entering 6th grade - though she looks like a 4th grader. I am not shocked, but also not sure about how to move forward and if there will be any negative consequences with supplementing hormones. Long term effects? Diabetes? Is it too late - she's just at the beginning of puberty - and now I'm worried I waited too long to bring this up with doctor. She always was at the bottom of the growth chart - consistently small.

We just went to her annual check up yesterday - and I brought up my concerns about her growth a few weeks ago - hence the blood work. All results were normal, except the insulin results weren't in yesterday during the appt- hence just finding out about this now. Yesterday, Ped said he will probably refer us to an endocrinologist - I suspect he definitely will after this recent result.

TIA!