Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think skinny jeans are only out with the teenagers. They make fun of their moms, but their current style is SO bad. It's a throwback to how bad our style was in the late 80s/early 90s.

So, I say buy what looks best on you. I tend towards skinny jeans or baby bootcuts. I have thin legs compared to my hips and I find that straight styles look too baggy on my legs, so I stick with something fitted to my legs.

TBH, one of my favorite pair of jeans right now is this one...so comfy.

https://liverpooljeans.com/collectio...formance-denim

Wit and Wisdom makes a great baby boot cut, but it's too short for my long legs. I go with Paige, pricier, but long enough for me (I need something with a 33-34" inseam).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I got a pair of light, higher rise skinnies at Old Navy of all places that I've gotten compliments on. The silhouette feels familiar enough to me but the slightly higher rise paired with the lighter color make them feel a little more modern.

Funny story, I grabbed a bunch of jeans from Old Navy five minutes before closing the other day while DH was pulling stuff for the kids. I went to try on my purchases and discovered this totally awesome pair of jeans! Light rinse, so soft they felt like pajamas! But they were cute! I was patting myself on the back too because they really looked like the "boyfriend" jeans I see on teens but I was kind of pulling them off. I went to peek what kind they were--they were the jeans DH pulled out for my 17yo SON, lol. Boyfriend jeans indeed! I'm getting me some!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I got a pair of light, higher rise skinnies at Old Navy of all places that I've gotten compliments on. The silhouette feels familiar enough to me but the slightly higher rise paired with the lighter color make them feel a little more modern.

Funny story, I grabbed a bunch of jeans from Old Navy five minutes before closing the other day while DH was pulling stuff for the kids. I went to try on my purchases and discovered this totally awesome pair of jeans! Light rinse, so soft they felt like pajamas! But they were cute! I was patting myself on the back too because they really looked like the "boyfriend" jeans I see on teens but I was kind of pulling them off. I went to peek what kind they were--they were the jeans DH pulled out for my 17yo SON, lol. Boyfriend jeans indeed! I'm getting me some!
    That is hysterical!!! But you can't tell your son, he'd probably be mortified knowing he's wearing the same pants all his mother!!! You'll have to label them before going in the laundry too, so you know which ones are yours

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PunkyBoo; 07-20-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post

Old Navy sells a style of jeans for women called “boyfriend”. That’s the style I like the most. Not skin tight. Comfy. Flattering cut.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    My skinny daughter wears mom jeans LOL I think it looks funny but she finds them comfortable, so in that sense they are refreshing. I think they would look terrible on me. Now that I’ve lost weight I much prefer skinny jeans! But my favorite is the boot cut style and I don’t really care if it’s out of fashion LOL
    I am laughing at my 12 yo DD wearing “mom jeans”. She can rock it bc she is tall (taller than me) and slim. I was dying recently on vacation when she was so excited about the pocket space in her mom jean shorts (fit her phone and sunglasses!). But for me… mid rise is the most I can do. I am short and just can not do high waist. I also adore the skinny style though I held on to some boot cut from long ago that maybe I can wear with boots this winter. I have also been looking for mid rise rough hem or straight hem cropped… so hard to find. They are either high rise or skinny. I have enough skinny that I love.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Skinny jeans are a new classic, and will stay relevant according to the style blogs I've seen. I will always appreciate skinnies personally.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Honestly, for work, I prefer the old standard, Levi's 505. Not skinny. Not mom jeans with the waist up to your neck. Just straight legged (almost trouser style) with a normal waist. I save skinny jeans & jeggings for more fun days. Plus, while everyone else was talking about how happy they were to not put their jeans on all year last year, I was happily changing into my 505s daily.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I love the Athleta jeans. I won't buy anything else from now on. I'm just waiting until those are on sale.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I love the Athleta jeans. I won't buy anything else from now on. I'm just waiting until those are on sale.
    I missed a great sale on those a few years back and kick myself for it. They were down to $50. I’m still tempted and some are on sale now.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Which athleta jeans? I loved their Bettona pants but they no longer make the style I like.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast