Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Suggestions for very strong antiperspirant for teenage girls

Dd is currently using men’s dove antiperspirant because she sweats through everything. Now even the mens’s dove isn’t working. I never had this problem so all the deodorants I give her to try are too weak. She’s an active ballet dancer and is getting embarrassed with how she sweats through everything. Any suggestions?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Suggestions for very strong antiperspirant for teenage girls

Dd1 likes Secret Clinical Strength.

I am currently using Secret Ultimate and it works fine for me. I have also Degree with lots of luck. I have used both the clinical strength Secret and Degree before as well, but right now I don’t need them. Dove, Mitchum, Ban, Certain Dri, Suave, and Lady Speed Stick have never worked for me.

I can use natural deodorants (Beautycounter’s is nice and baking sofa free; Schmidt’s baking soda free didn’t work as well as the baking soda version but I broke out from that) in the fall- winter - spring, but in the summer I need the normal deodorants so I wouldn’t suggest an all natural deodorant in the middle of summer for a teenager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-25-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Lume unscented. They make scents, I don't care for them. I have a natural stench that I loathe. This stuff is safe to use EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. I use it on my pits, privates, and feet. It has been life changing for me. Expensive and worth every penny. I also use the soap in the shower. Game changer. Highly recommend.

https://lumedeodorant.com/

Fair warning, the "our story" made me cry. Developed by an OB/GYN or gyn or can't remember but won't watch again. Loss mentioned.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Degree clinical used to work well for me. I recently tried Dove Clinical and it worked. DS’s pediatrician told me he suggested Old Spice Pure Sport with the silver label for girls where nothing else will work. This is what he suggests for boys and it does work well for DS….when he uses it.

Degree men’s sport. I used secret for years before I got really stinky after having kids. I am a voluminous sweater, so I use antiperspirant/deodorant formula
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

[QUOTE=newnana;4401931]Lume unscented. They make scents, I don't care for them. I have a natural stench that I loathe. This stuff is safe to use EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. I use it on my pits, privates, and feet. It has been life changing for me. Expensive and worth every penny. I also use the soap in the shower. Game changer. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    Lume unscented. They make scents, I don't care for them. I have a natural stench that I loathe. This stuff is safe to use EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. I use it on my pits, privates, and feet. It has been life changing for me. Expensive and worth every penny. I also use the soap in the shower. Game changer. Highly recommend.

Fair warning, the "our story" made me cry. Developed by an OB/GYN or gyn or can't remember but won't watch again. Loss mentioned.

Lume is not an antiperspirant. OP wants to stop sweat so definitely needs an antiperspirant, not just a deodorant.

I had my kids on non-aluminum deodorants for a while but as they get older they need the antiperspirant too and as far as I know there is not an aluminum free or more natural antiperspirant.

For antiperspirant there really aren’t natural options. I think certain dri works best. You apply it in the evening and I think not directly after showering or shaving. I find after using it for a while I really stop sweating in my pits much and can actually stop using it entirely for months. She’d probably want to combine it with a deodorant for daytime use.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Dont have any different suggestions but make sure she's shaving completely. I find that as soon as I have a bit of stubble, I get stinky ...
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Several years ago I went through a hot, sweaty summer of job interviews. On a normal, non-stressful summer day I sweat more than any guy I know.

I tried a number of things, but the winning combination was certain dri prescription strength roll on at night and secret clinical in the mornings. It’s a lot, probably not recommended long-term, but it worked when I really needed it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you considered getting a prescription? My husband has used Drisol.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast