Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'd recommend Certain Dri or Mitchum. I used to sweat so, so much in my 20s. I ended up getting prescription antiperspirant from my doctor. Looking back I kind of wonder if the excessive perspiration was due to anxiety. I'm happy to not have that issue anymore because it was seriously the worst. Botox is an option for hyperhidrosis now - probably not great option for a minor, but I think insurance will pay for it if other prescriptions don't work.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Make sure she is shaving her armpits and I would consider a different style of leotard. Some style shirts when I wear them, I can’t help but sweat when the cut of the top is very fitted to the armpit. It just makes me sweat automatically. Does she have this problem when she is wearing other type clothing or mainly just the dance outfits?
    K

See a dermatologist. There are many options for this.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Any "Clinical Strength" formula should work out fine; I am also a sweaty person & have rotated through Dove and Secret (though I hesitate to use Secret for my own reasons - nothing "bad" about it, just I had a bad reaction to it when I was a teenager), but I currently use Degree Active.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jent is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just a tip that whatever antiperspirant you try, apply it at night. Apparently it works better if it can soak into the sweat glands when they're not actively producing sweat.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Any "Clinical Strength" formula should work out fine; I am also a sweaty person & have rotated through Dove and Secret (though I hesitate to use Secret for my own reasons - nothing "bad" about it, just I had a bad reaction to it when I was a teenager), but I currently use Degree Active.
    As I’ve gotten older I needed to start using clinical deodorant. I just buy whichever one I find on sale. I’ve tried multiple brands and they’ve all worked fine!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Secret Clinical Strength.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD has had excessive sweating, but in a strange way, like just sitting in class and sweating through a sweatshirt only on one side, excessive "butt" sweat, again not when exercising. We tried many of the clinical strength and nothing worked. Her ped prescribed Oxybutynin 5mg and it has been life changing. He said to try this for 6 months, it may be something she outgrows, but that he's had other patients do well with this. She will maybe try going off of it after 6 months and see how it goes, but for now it is really effective for her, when antiperspirants/deoderants didn't work and she was getting very embarrassed by the excessive sweat while sitting in class.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've found that I can't use any of the "stick" kind of antiperspirants or I sweat through them. But the gel type works well. (I generally use Secret Outlast.) Possibly switch up the delivery method (stick vs gel vs do they still sell aerosol?) I also find that applying at night gets me through the next day better than applying in the morning, but on very active days, I still have to reapply before working out (and after!!!).
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I had a reaction to Secret many years ago, so I haven't tried the clinical strength. Dove didn't work for me, but degree does. Not the black and white (it's only antiperspirant), but the combo works well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2