Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Personal security alarm???

Does anyone have a personal security alarm that they can recommend? Specifically for a teen?

I was looking at She's Birdie, but wonder if anyone has any suggestions from personal experience. DC's fear is that it will go off accidentally, so I am looking for something other than a simple button. We just need the sound and strobe, I am not interesting in pepper spray or a button that connects to a live person.

Thanks so much.

One of the girls in the neighborhood had one and it went off in our house when the girls were baking cookies. Scared the crap out of everyone.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    One of the girls in the neighborhood had one and it went off in our house when the girls were baking cookies. Scared the crap out of everyone.
    That's what DC is afraid of happening...

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the Birdie. It’s not a button. You have to pull out the top. It’s loud as heck but I’m not nervous that it will just go off.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow, I have never heard of the Birdie. It looks great and I am considering buying for both dd and I. Can you turn it off once you turn it on?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    I have the Birdie. It’s not a button. You have to pull out the top. It’s loud as heck but I’m not nervous that it will just go off.
    Thank you SO MUCH. I just ordered one for me and one for DC. Now that we are out more and DC is more independent.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Wow, I have never heard of the Birdie. It looks great and I am considering buying for both dd and I. Can you turn it off once you turn it on?
    Yes. They call it a key, but you pull the top off and it goes off. Put it back in and it is silent again. I’ve only practiced it but it seems good. I will carry it when I walk alone.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Thanks; I will be ordering some Birdies!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Can I ask how much shipping was? You have to input everything before you can see the shipping cost. They are also sold on Amazon with prime so I may go that way if DD wants one. Thanks.

Wish it was a little smaller. For those of you who have one do you find it bulky?

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH. I just ordered one for me and one for DC. Now that we are out more and DC is more independent.
    Last edited by Twin Mom; 07-30-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    Can I ask how much shipping was? You have to input everything before you can see the shipping cost. They are also sold on Amazon with prime so I may go that way if DD wants one. Thanks.

Wish it was a little smaller. For those of you who have one do you find it bulky?
    I believe standard shipping was free; there were paid options for faster shipping. There was a 15% off coupon on the site when I ordered. Havent received it yet, so cant speak to the bulkiness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast