Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    Can I ask how much shipping was? You have to input everything before you can see the shipping cost. They are also sold on Amazon with prime so I may go that way if DD wants one. Thanks.

Wish it was a little smaller. For those of you who have one do you find it bulky?
    When I ordered there was a 15% off code but shipping was $5.99. It was cheaper through Amazon plus free returns.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OP here... I ordered two from Amazon, they devices came quickly with free prime shipping. DC just went on a "walkabout" with the "she's birdie". We clipped it to their backpack. The device is thinner than I expected, but it is long. However, you want it accessible and easy to pull apart in an emergency, so that is a good thing. We tested it before DC left and it's loud. If they were in the woods anywhere near the neighborhood and we were outside we could definitely hear it! The sound would certainly draw attention to any situation and anyone wishing to cause harm would probably be surprised for at least a minute or two. We will definitely use them!

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got ours today too! I think the sound and light intensity are perfect. Its very loud, but not deafening. The actual birdie is a good size, however the clip its on is very bulky. I guess that is good so you can locate it, but I will probably look for a lanyard or something else to carry it with.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    We got ours today too! I think the sound and light intensity are perfect. Its very loud, but not deafening. The actual birdie is a good size, however the clip its on is very bulky. I guess that is good so you can locate it, but I will probably look for a lanyard or something else to carry it with.
    We clipped it to the backpack strap which worked well hiking. I actually like the big clip, it makes it easier to work with. I am also thinking belt loop, purse strap, ect. Anywhere you can reach it in a hurry would work. We are happy with the purchase

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have this 6 pack for $18. They are super loud and ear piercing.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NLFQS7T...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I have this 6 pack for $18. They are super loud and ear piercing.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NLFQS7T...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    I'm going to order these. I really worry about DD3 walking home from the bus stop (assuming COVID ever goes away and we let her ride the bus again someday). She's a selective mute and would never yell to ward off an attacker or stranger, but she might be willing to pull the pin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2