Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45
    ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Covid measures in school 21/22

Ugh. So our district (in PA), put out an email yesterday about the new mask mandate for schools starting next week. They also gave the info for asking for an exception, as apparently parents have been calling off the hook since it was announced earlier in the week. And they encouraged parents to share their concerns at the school board meeting next week and contact their elected officials with their concerns. The district also put out a new survey for k-8 grades about parent preference for a cyber option or changing from in school to cyber. When parents of k-3 kids asked for a cyber option before school started the district said it wasn’t financially feasible. But now that more parents are upset that their kids will have to wear masks to protect others, suddenly they are considering it. They are totally playing to the loud parents who complain about masks. And on social media parents are sharing ways to get a medical exception, contact info for the entire school board, and getting people riled up to complain and fight it. Republican officials are also filing a suit against the state to overturn the mandate and telling parents it is not legal. I’m so tired of where I live . Our district has been in school just 5 days in person (2 days were cyber days this week due to Ida) and there are 20 reported positives so far, with 11 at the high school. Can’t wait to see how fast that grows after Labor Day…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ang79; 09-04-2021 at 05:14 PM.

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our school finally put out guidance. School starts Tuesday. NY is requiring masks for everyone indoors and on buses, 3ft distance if masked, 6ft distance if not masked and for things like chorus and band. Since lunch is not masked they have to be 6ft apart but none of the cafeterias can accommodate that with 100% in person. So they are buying tents and asking half the kids to eat outside. Which will work for a few weeks but it’s freaking WNY…it’ll be cold here by October. Then what?! District basically said we can’t promise your kid won’t be quarantined as a close contact because we can’t promise 6ft distancing with 100% mask compliance at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Covid measures in school 21/22

We’ve been back to school for a few weeks. DS said half his classes are out on quarantine. He’s vaccinated so didn’t need to quarantine. At Back to School night, many parents asked about extra help for child quarantined. They’re all high schoolers so can be vaccinated. I’m not very sympathetic to request for teacher to do more work. Their child could’ve stayed on school if they were vaccinated. Wonder if this will help finally encourage more vaccinationa

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    We’ve been back to school for a few weeks. DS said half his classes are out on quarantine. He’s vaccinated so didn’t need to quarantine. At Back to School night, many parents asked about extra help for child quarantined. They’re all high schoolers so can be vaccinated. I’m not very sympathetic to request for teacher to do more work. Their child could’ve stayed on school if they were vaccinated. Wonder if this will help finally encourage more vaccinationa

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    They aren’t going to do what lausd is forcing teachers to do and zoom while teaching in person? I’m livid with that option. The district had months to plan, but didn’t think that many kids would need to quarantine. Their lack of planning does not mean I should be doing double the work. I’ve had at least 1 kid out quarantined or positive every day so far.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45