Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    The CDC will announce today that it is recommending masks for all in grades K-12 regardless of vaccination status. I wonder if this will lead our governor to reinstate the mandate as opposed to a strong recommendation.
    Our hs was leaning towards no masks for the unvaxed only. I would suspect there is NO WAY that will be the school's rec now. I am super frustrated with the CDC. So I can go to Madison Square Garden, Lollapalooza, indoor basketball all without masks but kids in school will have to wear masks?

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Our hs was leaning towards no masks for the unvaxed only. I would suspect there is NO WAY that will be the school's rec now. I am super frustrated with the CDC. So I can go to Madison Square Garden, Lollapalooza, indoor basketball all without masks but kids in school will have to wear masks?
    I understand your frustration and the CDC’s view point. I think they’re probably suggesting that because half of the kids are not eligible to be vaccinated, so they can’t take steps to protect themselves. If they just said k-6 had to be vaccinated I’m sure there’s be uproar too. At this point, there isn’t a solution that’s going to make everyone happy. Our vaccination rate is so low that I’m worried about what will happen if they don’t require masks. DS1 is vaccinated but it’s not going to matter in a school where there are no safety protocols if masks aren’t required. I’m almost positive breakthrough cases would be very prevalent. Should be interesting to see what our school does.

I think the current wave will burnout before Labor Day, in a pattern similar to last summer. England is already past peak delta cases.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    The CDC will announce today that it is recommending masks for all in grades K-12 regardless of vaccination status. I wonder if this will lead our governor to reinstate the mandate as opposed to a strong recommendation.
    This gives me hope!! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    I think the current wave will burnout before Labor Day, in a pattern similar to last summer. England is already past peak delta cases.
    I was reading about that yesterday. Both in the UK and India, the delta variant burned through relatively quickly. Obviously, it's all horrible, but the graph I saw was addressing concerns that we would be dealing with this through the winter. Of course, another variant could be waiting in the wings.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I understand your frustration and the CDC’s view point. I think they’re probably suggesting that because half of the kids are not eligible to be vaccinated, so they can’t take steps to protect themselves. If they just said k-6 had to be vaccinated I’m sure there’s be uproar too. At this point, there isn’t a solution that’s going to make everyone happy. Our vaccination rate is so low that I’m worried about what will happen if they don’t require masks. DS1 is vaccinated but it’s not going to matter in a school where there are no safety protocols if masks aren’t required. I’m almost positive breakthrough cases would be very prevalent. Should be interesting to see what our school does.
    We are close to 70 percent.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    Our school district goes back mid-August. Still 2 weeks for the kids to spread it among themselves.

DS’s school will be back 5 full days. Our district does not do regular testing, which angers many. Easy to say no outbreaks if there’s no testing other than what families do on their own and tell you about.

The district I work in does regular testing. If you’re vaccinated you don’t have to get tested weekly.

Both districts have said masked will be required for everyone indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well I'm in AZ, the land of poor choices and our dubious Governor has made it illegal for city/county entities to mandate masks, and they can't quarantine unvaccinated students (because it's not fair the them to have different rules than the vaccinated ones).

Can't the government just mandate the vaccine for all, if you just don't want to get it, feel free to leave the country.

My large hospital system (Banner Health) has mandated it for all employees, about damn time. My youngest is the only one not vaccinated and the fact that we all have to go to such great lengths to protect her from all the other idiots makes me furious.

I've seen so many healthy co- workers die of this disease (pre-vaccine), and we are all at risk again because folks that can be vaccinated are being selfish. Yes I said it, SELFISH.

The End.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Well I'm in AZ, the land of poor choices and our dubious Governor has made it illegal for city/county entities to mandate masks, and they can't quarantine unvaccinated students (because it's not fair the them to have different rules than the vaccinated ones).

Can't the government just mandate the vaccine for all, if you just don't want to get it, feel free to leave the country.

My large hospital system (Banner Health) has mandated it for all employees, about damn time. My youngest is the only one not vaccinated and the fact that we all have to go to such great lengths to protect her from all the other idiots makes me furious.

I've seen so many healthy co- workers die of this disease (pre-vaccine), and we are all at risk again because folks that can be vaccinated are being selfish. Yes I said it, SELFISH.

The End.
    Right there with you. I'm in Texas where we have a similar government making rotten choices, and inept governor and similar laws have been passed - illegal to require a mask. Infuriating. Our govt only cares about $ and so far people's ignorance here is profitable.

I'm in CA right now and people are SO MUCH BETTER at wearing masks, and overall consideration of COVID being an issue. It's markedly noticeable.

i'm freaked bc my son starts middle school in 2 weeks and i am assuming there is basically no covid protocols in place. Virtually NOBODY in 6th grade will be vacciinated (too young).

I need to win the lottery so i can move out of TX. The huge anti-mask movement and the entitled attitudes of so many during this pandemic has been the straw that broke the camel's back.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our diocese hasn’t announced anything but because the diocese includes two counties (which also includes a poorer city less than 20 miles from us) and because the diocese includes both counties and the only the poor city is lagging in vaccination rates I have a feeling they will follow the state’s mandate of masks for all in education.

Yes to the bolded part. Agree 100%. Figure out what you are going to do and stick to it.

We are close to 70 percent.
    My county is 62% vaccinated with one dose and 52% fully vaccinated. Like Kindra I feel like we should be at a point that we can move on from this. The numbers are similar to LA, and Orange Counties but we have less population; San Bernardino has slightly less population and has a lower rate. San Diego leads SoCal at 74% with one dose, and the largely rural migrant farm worker county Imperial County (to the southeast of us) has 70% vaccine rate for first doses, and 57% fully vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast