Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our TK-12 private school will be masks optional for vaccinated and required for unvaccinated. Weekly testing for any unvaccinated employees. Continuing 3 feet distancing per CDC and contact tracing and quarantining. New per CDC is no quarantine if you are masked or vaccinated. Everyone on bus has to wear masks regardless of vaccine status. No overnight trips except for athletics and on those trips the unvaccinated (only high schoolers on those trips) has to stay in hotel room w/ a parent instead of with a teammate.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thus far our district is requiring masking regardless of vaccination status. Personally, I feel that is the easiest to do. When the policy is mask optional for vaccinated, then to truly implement it strictly they have to ask for proof of vaccination, plus in a class, are the teachers going to check whose masks are on based on that proof?
    Our schools did so well last year with strict masking policy. So know what worked, my thought is why not just continue that so we don’t risk shutting down? Atleast until the until 5-11 vaccine becomes available and/or the variants are not raging anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Just learned that our district is requiring masks for everyone K-12, regardless of vax status. The decision will be evaluated every 10 weeks. Unvaccinated students who play sports will need to be tested weekly, which is fine with me. DS plans to try out for the middle school basketball team.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Just learned that our district is requiring masks for everyone K-12, regardless of vax status. The decision will be evaluated every 10 weeks. Unvaccinated students who play sports will need to be tested weekly, which is fine with me. DS plans to try out for the middle school basketball team.
    I think that's a good policy! I think we will reach the point where kids will be able to get vaccinated and then I'd be comfortable with optional masking so setting in periods of reevaluation is a good idea.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The way I'm reading our district's policy is that masking is still mandatory in schools and on buses for everyone, regardless of vaccination status.

I'll have to check the stepwise return to school document from August 2020 - the one I quickly reviewed stands as a supplement to that document, which was a more comprehensive look at the district's goals to get kids back in buildings as safely as possible, based on the information we had last year.

Things may change more with Delta circulating; my county is currently showing "Moderate" transmission on the CDC map, so we'll see.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I think you still have low/moderate spread by you? Anyway, idph is requiring masks in school per yesterday’s announcement.

Yes, cases are rising quickly in our area but we are still ranked 'moderate' transmission. I thought the IDPH and ISBE were only recommending masks, but leaving the final say up to local districts? Our particular district probably won't be able to require masks without the teeth of an actual state mandate. Without masks, it seems like there will be lots of extra disruptions due to quarantining. It all seems counterproductive to me.

My kids are both old enough to be vaccinated, but I can't even wrap my brain around sending a child who is not eligible for a vaccine yet with no masks. I think I would be livid.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    Our schools did so well last year with strict masking policy. So know what worked, my thought is why not just continue that so we don’t risk shutting down? Atleast until the until 5-11 vaccine becomes available and/or the variants are not raging anymore.

This! Exactly!!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Why are people mad about masks if their schools are opening on a normal schedule? Seems like that’s the most important piece. I don’t think most kids care about having to wear a mask.

My DS (11.5) doesn't love wearing a mask, but he'll do when we tell him he needs to. But we also say that while it's not fun, it's to try to keep him healthy. We're also not screaming about "Muh freedoms!"

He's joined a Y basketball team halfway through the season. Mask usage had gotten really slack over the last part of his AAU season and the first couple of games of the Y league. But we told him last night that he really needed to keep it on for the remainder of the games, which is only two more. He wasn't thrilled, but he'll do it. He'll also be fine wearing it at school -- he did it for the last half of fifth grade.

I just want him to have a regular school year. Last year, they had to stay with their class cohort, barely left their classroom, didn't have clubs or student council, etc. If they can do all of that while wearing a mask, I think most kids would be happy enough.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just got our email. We’re returning to prepandemic school (their words). Doesn’t even sound like contact tracing will happen. WTF? We’re in one of the highest counties in the state, cases are going up, and county vaccination rate is 37%. 3% for 0-19. I knew this was coming, but now I’m really pissed.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast