Default Boys pants for smaller waists?

I'm trying to get some pants (jeans and comfy joggers/athletic pants) for my son and I'm discovering everything that's long enough for him falls down. I've ordered a couple pair of slim jeans from Old Navy to try. He does NOT want skinny jeans style, just comfortable things that stay up. He's a size 6 or 7 in most things and is 48.5 inches tall with about a 21.5 inch waist. Any suggestions for styles or stores to check out?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My skinny kiddos could wear these https://www.target.com/p/denizen-fro...76#lnk=sametab
    They both loved these. They hate regular jeans. These are so much more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My skinny kiddos could wear these https://www.target.com/p/denizen-fro...76#lnk=sametab
    They both loved these. They hate regular jeans. These are so much more comfortable.
    I'll order a pair to try!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Ditto. I also only buy pants that have a full drawstring (pulls from all the way around, not just a few inches at the front) or the interior "belt".

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Children’s Place has slim sizes online. DS lived in the pull on cargo pants at that age. They come in slim and they have adjustable waist as well.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My sister's eldest is skinny like his dad; The Children's Place is 100% her go-to store.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

My younger one who is super duper skinny does well in Nike or Adidas joggers (from their website, not the Amazon ones). Even the Children's Place ones are loose for him. Drawstrings work but only if the pants already have a skinny waist to begin with, otherwise they bunch up. Another place is Uniqlo, they have an internal elastic that can be pulled and sewn to the exact waist - no bunching or adjusting.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

Thanks for the suggestions! Now that you mention it we have had good luck with Nike pants in the past. And I used to shop a lot at children’s place but haven’t recently. I will add that to my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh, I have the same problem with 2 boys. I dread back to school shopping. I have found Carters elastic waist to be pretty reliable though.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)