Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,961

    Default Has anyone had a memory quilt made? Recommend a seamstress?

    I want to make a memory quilt for my daughter from her t-shirts from various events. Does anyone have an online seamstress they recommend for something like this?

  2. #2
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    11,721

    Default

    I would love to know too! I have bins of clothes I would love to get rid of once the quilts are made.
    for Carmen

  3. #3
    mom2binsd is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9,985

    Default

    I only know of a local person, I've seen it mentioned in Facebook by friends and on nextdoor. I would feel better taking those treasured items to someone local. Maybe you could ask friends or on a neighborhood app?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    892

    Default

    My neighbor does this. Her quilts are stunning. She's on IG as wildquiltworks.

  5. #5
    WatchingThemGrow is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,758

    Default

    Im going to get instructions from DHs aunt. My question is: Do you wait until theyre done with high school sports and all those tees?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Im going to get instructions from DHs aunt. My question is: Do you wait until theyre done with high school sports and all those tees?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I plan to wait until after HS. I have been saving Ts since preschool so will determine after HS if I have too many. Im hopeful my mom will be able to make it. She has already made one for DS and DS out of their baby blankets. They are king size and amazing. She did everything except the actual quilting as her machine couldnt handle the thickness so she took it somewhere for the final step.

    There are many places that sew squares together so its more of a blanket but not necessarily a quilt. So just make sure you are getting what you want.

  7. #7
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    9,658

    Default

    I am doing this too! MIL is going to make it, she made one for me and I love it. (For all my complaining about her, her sewing skills are unmatched lol.) But I think I decided to late, she'll need about 25 t-shirts and I only have half that. I have a list of things to get, and am hoping I can scrounge some up from the town Buy Nothing page. The sports shirts are tough bc that polyester fabric probably won't work, according to MIL. I hope she likes it!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSuedeShoes View Post
    My neighbor does this. Her quilts are stunning. She's on IG as wildquiltworks.
    Wow, those are stunning quilts!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I am doing this too! MIL is going to make it, she made one for me and I love it. (For all my complaining about her, her sewing skills are unmatched lol.) But I think I decided to late, she'll need about 25 t-shirts and I only have half that. I have a list of things to get, and am hoping I can scrounge some up from the town Buy Nothing page. The sports shirts are tough bc that polyester fabric probably won't work, according to MIL. I hope she likes it!!
    Wow, that is so fortunate your MIL is so talented. So far my daughter has close to 30 shirts. We might have to pare it down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    This is a business started but a guy from my area. I know several people who have gotten this company's quilts.

    https://www.projectrepat.com/?utm_so...SAAEgIJRfD_BwE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •